Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall Hike with the Girls

Today me and the girls went for a hike not too far from our home. It was so WONDERFUL!! It brought back so many memories of growing up when my mom would take me and my sister Megan hiking all the time with just us girls. I have such fond memories of those days and I wanted to pass this tradition on to my girls. We hiked around the whole lake and both girls were nearly all smiles. Kelsey fell down quite a few times and even tore a hole in her pants, but a little bribing with a special treat at the end was all she needed!
I love how you can see the reflection of the leaves in the water here. Isn't it so pretty! Oh man, I'm going to miss it here, have I told you that yet? There no place like fall in Vermont!
We found some nice people along the trail that were nice enough to take a family picture. I realize I am not in the pictures enough.
Here's Mylee just hanging out. She was quite fascinated by all the leaves. And quite the trooper. She was laughing and talking and having a grand old time.
I love how the sun is coming through the trees here and how the tree above Kelsey's head makes a little bridge. Near here, another hiker stopped us and asked Kelsey how old she was, Kelsey said, "I am 3 years old." The lady and man she was with were so impressed that a 3 year old was hiking all this way and with a smile. Then the lady said, "I'm from the city and we don't see things like her there." She must have been from out of town.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh is that the reservoir in Essex? We loved hiking there. I really miss Vermont in the Fall. Nothing compares.

Niki Carter said...

I am so impressed that you are teaching a dance class! You are so brave! Where are you teaching it? It looks beautiful there! I can't wait for the weather to be consistantly cool here. It is cool today but rainy so we can't be outside. I need some fresh air!! Your girls are absolutely beautiful! Hope you guys can go to the reunion next year so my kids can get to know their cousins. You and I are in the same boat since none of our siblings are having kids.

Emily said...

Cami, that looks just GORGEOUS. You are creating some wonderful memories.

miquelle and cody said...

those are really pretty pictures, we'll have to go out there!

Polly said...

Cami, I love that you have such fond memories of hiking with me and Meg's. It was such great fun. What great pictures! Love you, Mom