
Thanks to the idea from the Friend magazine this month, we have started a new tradition for General Conference. The girls get to watch conference from their "Reverence Tent". It was a big hit. I got a white sheet and created a tent for Kelsey mostly to sit and watch conference from--I tried to schedule Mylee's naps around conference time, all in all I was pretty successful. We also added an activity table along with a bunch of gospel-themed LDS coloring pages and activities. No kidding, Kelsey sat through nearly all 8 hours of conference and she nearly colored every coloring page and activity. Not only that, most of the time she was reverent. I love how in this picture you can see the picture of President Monson on the computer screen in the background. Aside from this great new tradition, wasn't conference WONDERFUL! I'm lucky because I always get conference around my birthday. What better than to hear counsel from living prophets around this special day. I was touched and renewed by what was said. I'm anxious to get the Ensign and further read and ponder what was said. All in all, how blessed we are to have the gospel restored in these latter-days!
The next tradition we started was for my kids (Kelsey in this case) to make and decorate a birthday cake for whoever parents' birthday it is (mine in this case). I admit I had to help with the making/baking part, but she did all the decorating herself. She was completely occupied for about an hour. However, I think most of the frosting and decorations ended up in her mouth.
Here is the finished product. Wow look at those sprinkles and pointy candies as Kelsey calls them (candy corn). What a pro! She then sang me happy birthday all by herself.
On Saturday between the two conference sessions, I took the girls to a local apple farm to enjoy the beautiful Vermont fall landscape and get free tracker rides around the orchard. We had a blast. I wish I had pictures, but my camera wasn't working that day--I'm in the process of trying to find a new one, any suggestions? The fall colors were just breath taking and the air was cool and crisp just as you would except at an apple orchard in the fall. The girls loved the tracker rides and even got to eat an apple for free. We sure will miss this place when we move in the spring.
5 comments:
Happy birthday to you!!!!! I hope it was a great one. Loved the idea of the reverence tent. I'll have to remember that in a couple years. Cute new look on your blog!
Happy Birthday to you! What a great tradition with the birthday cake! It's always so awkward to know if you should make your own birthday cake, or what! Way to take care of that one! :)
What a fun idea to have the kids decorate your cake, I think we might have to start that tradition! Happy Birthday, sorry it's so late!
Cami, I thought about you on your birthday...does that count? I called you a couple days before, does that count even more? It sounds like your birthday was pretty good...even without a husband around to celebrate it with you. But, the cake Kelsey did is BEAUTIFUL. Maybe she can teach me a thing or two about decorating:)
Happy belated!
Cami, I wish we could have spent your birhtday together. Just know that I am thinking about you all the time. I am so greatful to have you as my sister. You are such an inspiration to me. You are an amazing mother and I wish I had half the patience you have. You are so close to our heavenly father and it just radiates off of you. I miss you so much and I hope you had a wonderful birhtday. The cake Kels decorated is so cute. She is growing up so fast.
Post a Comment