We are so glad we have family close to us now!! Blake's sister Dionne moved to Boston this summer after her husband Matt accepted a job there. Blake had two weeks off and Blake's mom was going to visit Dionne, so we made it a trip and went out to visit for a few days. We had such a great time!! Matt and Dionne had been wanting a pantry in their kitchen, so Blake used his manly skills and helped Matt build them one. It turned out great and it was so satisfying to help them out. Kelsey and Mylee had a great time. When we pulled up to their house, she quickly ran up to the door without us and ran inside to find Grandma Clifton. Even though we live so far away from our parents, it makes me feel really good that Kelsey feels so close to her grandparents. Blake and I got to go to the temple, which was fabulous by the way!! While we were at the temple, Kelsey and her cousins had quite the princess party! Being that these cousins are all boys (5 of them), they had never had a princess party, but Kelsey was very much obliged to show them how to throw one. Mom and Dionne gathered together some clothes for them to dress up in, but Kelsey was quite dissapointed her cousins didn't have a princess dress. Mom came to the rescue though with a white garbage bag and all was good! She was quite satisfied in fact I heard. Mom also made crowns out of disposible pie tins, so creative!

I heard that at one point in the party, Kelsey said, "This doesn't feel like a princess party." And then Dionne asked, "What do you do at a princess party?" She said, "We twirl like this."

and this...

Trey then joined her for a dance. How cute is that?!!!

Later that day, we also had a be-lated birthday for Mom because we missed it and an early birthday for Kelsey because it is coming soon, Feb. 24th! Dionne made a popcorn/marshmellow/M&M cake. It could not have been more perfect! Kelsey loves popcorn and marshmellows and M&M's! The boys also gave her a little bag that she now calls her make-up bag (she takes it with her every where!) with a whole bunch of first aide items in it. Her favorite are the rainbow bandaids and the lipstick. I've been finding bandaids on her dolls, on Mylee, on the bottoms of my socks, etc. She loves them, and I think she especially loves that she doesn't get in trouble for using them. And the lipstick, she has a daily ritual of putting it on at least once if not many times. Then she talks very carefully so the color doesn't come off her lips. One time she put it on right before dinner and she told me she couldn't eat because it would take her lipstick off. Wow, that girl is nothing but girl!! Of that though, I don't have a problem with. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my girls!! They are so much fun.
4 comments:
It is so great to live close to cousins now! Thank you guys for coming to MA.
What a fun write up! It is especially fun to hear that same story from 3 different people...each with a different take! LOVE LOVE LOVE the "can't eat dinner 'cause of lipstick" comment! Yes Kelsey, there are strategies to the important thing in life, huh?! ;}
I finally accepted your invitation, and I'm glad to catch up with your family! What a cute story about what makes a princess party feel real--and all those boys standing there watching Kelsey twirl around the room! It must have been too cute when Trey jumped in as her dancing partner. I love it! keep the stories and pics coming.
Oh Cami, you sound like you have a wonderful family nd extended family who love you and you daughters sooo much to do all that stuff for them, like making that special cake and crowns out of pie tins...pretty smart, I like it!!!! And where did those boys get those cute robes? Your little girl sounds sooo cute, I wish I could meet both of your girls! I wish we could meet up in UT some time! How old did Kelsey turn on Feb24th?
Post a Comment