I know I have been MIA lately. I'm making an attempt to give ya'll a little update. Things have been really crazy!! In the past month we have traveled over 4,000 miles, driving from Vermont to Texas to Utah then back to Texas. Our move to Texas went very well. We had no problems on the way and were able to stay with my Aunt Julie and Uncle Brock and their family in Tennessee and then Blake's Uncle Bob and Aunt Cathy in Plano, Texas.
We spent the next 2 days trying to get our house put together and then we left for Utah to visit family. We had a great time. My mom had a family reunion for that side of the crew, Blake built us an entertainment center, we went boating, took some new family pictures and mostly hung out with family. We had a great time. I'll have to do another post on all that we did later with pics and the whole deal.
We left Utah after staying about two weeks then drove to my Grandma and Grandpa's house in New Mexico to visit. They live half way between Utah and Lubbock--how convenient!! I got to see my Great-Grandma and my girls got to meet her for the first time!!
The next day we drove home and have since been trying to get things settled. Unfortunately I got really sick with fever and the works for 3 days after we arrived home--I think all the change, moving, etc. got the better of me. We are still in a mess I feel like I have sort of hit burn out stage and have had no energy to do anything. Calling any volunteers who want to come help :) Ha ha, I know that's unrealistic. We'll get our house put together sooner or later. One of the hardest things is I have had to do a lot of cleaning, the previous owners didn't really do anything other than clean the carpets (which was good). I still need to clean walls, doors, baseboards, blinds, etc.
Blake started Orientation today and then starts work officially on July 1st. We are excited to begin our new journey, but also sad at what we have left!!
7 comments:
oh my goodness, you busy bee! I am not surprised you got sick! Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon and the rest of the house will go smoothly. I absolutely adore the new family pictures! So Beautiful!
I am glad you finally updated this girl!!!! glad you are getting settled
Oh! I posted my last comment above before I read this post...I would LOOOVE to hop a plane tomorrow and come help you! Wouldn't that be great if that was realistic? I hope you're feeling better by now, especially since Blake's time home is about done!
I'm so glad you guys made it safe and sound! What a trek you've had. Hope the unpacking goes well and that you feel better soon...
Yay! I'm so glad to see you're alive and made it through all of the craziness! I just got back from spending two weeks in Utah. I hope I didn't miss you!
I miss you guys so much! It's not the same around here at all. Way to lonely. Sounds like you guys have been really busy but having good times.
YAY! I can come help you settle in and move whatever you need me to. I'm so excited we get to come see you, in a few days. I'm glad lil O can play with your girls.
Post a Comment