Saturday, July 25, 2009

Recipes Anyone?

Many of you know that Blake has had health problems. When we were in Utah for a couple of weeks he was able to get some testing to find out what he was allergic to and nutrients he was lacking etc. His dad had this same test done and found out he was allergic to many things and since following his prescribed diet doesn't suffer from his arthritis anymore!! Well we are hoping this will be the case with Blake with his medical conditions. From the test we found out that he is allergic to:

Milk and milk products including cheese, butter, etc.
Caesin
Garlic
Eggs
Mustard
A few others that weren't as severe

Let me tell you that it has been a HUGE shock to our eating habits. Garlic surprisingly is in almost everything, salad dressings, speghetti sauce, grilling spices, marinades, etc. In fact it seems like the things that don't have milk or eggs has either mustard or garlic. I am coming to terms now that I will have to make all my sauces and dressings from scratch and I bought some egg substitute that I can substitute in recipes.

I am calling for any recipes that you may have that don't include these ingredients, or if you have a recipe that could be left without something. I'm starting to compile my own list and may even start a blog of recipes/foods we are eating to help others who may be in the same position or for those who want some healthy recipes. If you have any recipes you would like to share with us, you can email them to me at cami_clifton12@hotmail.com

5 comments:

Dionne said...

Wow Blake! I guess that means no more cookie dough for you ;) But MUSTARD and GARLIC? Who knew those could do so much damage to a body!

Good luck you Cami -- that is a big change for you.

miquelle and cody said...

I will definately keep you in mind as I find new recipes, and I'll see if any of mine will work for you!

Amber said...

My sis-in-law suffers from many of those same allergies. I'll ask her where she goes for recipes/substitutes and let you know what I find!

Logan and Tanya said...

I second Dionne's comment...and in addition, isn't the internet amazing at times like this? All of us around the world can keep our eyes and ears open now and pass on what we find! Good luck, and I'm sorry all at the same time...food alergies would be a pain to deal with, but if this diet change does for him what it's done for Dad, it will be well worth it!
On a different note, HOW'S TEXAS?! I've been thinking of you so much, and Kams even tried calling Kelsey...we'll try again soon! ;)

Cristi said...

Cami I left you a message on facebook check it.