Friday, November 13, 2009

Mom, Where do Girls Work?

Yesterday Blake was post call--he worked all night the night before and was able to come home and sleep the next day. After trying to catch some good R&R (not always successful with two busy girls running around the house), I had him watch the girls while I went to go do some mystery shopping to help earn some money for Christmas (I can't wait for Christmas!!). As I was getting ready to leave Kelsey asked where I was going. Knowing she wouldn't understand what mystery shopping is and not really having the energy to explain it to her, I just said, "Mommy is going to go to work for a while." She looked at me a little funny and then asked, "Mom, where do girls work?". Blake and I got a kick out of that one! Mylee asks every morning when she comes into my room where dad is. I always tell her that he is at work. She quickly responds, "Oh, wook." Both of my girls have it pounded into their little brain that Daddys go to work and Mommys stay at home.

I have to say I'm thankful that my sweet 4-year-old has to ask such a question. There are so many women out there who don't have the opportunity to stay home with their children, but I have been blessed to be one of those few. I get to be involved in their day-to-day lives and teach them what is right and wrong and be a constanst influence for good (well I try to be). I admit, being a stay-at-home mom is not always easy and there are days I want to pull my hair out, but overall I love it and I am truly thankful and blessed. I know being a mother is the most important work I can and will ever do and I'm grateful I can put my whole heart and energy into mothering every day.

8 comments:

Dionne said...

Oh, those sweet reminders!

Amber said...

I totally agree! Being a stay-at-home-mom is hard work, but I'm glad I get to be the one to do it. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Michelle said...

Oh Cami...that's awesome!!! I wish my girls were there to play with yours. How IS that mystery shopping, by the way?

Three Lads and a Lis said...

beautifully put Cami.

Ditto on Michelle's question... can you ever do it with the girls in tow?

Logan and Tanya said...

Okay. I'm pretty sure we were residents @ the hospital when you had the vote for the bunk beds. ;) I agree with the white. (I'm pretty sure we have that SAME bunk set in white!) LOOOVE the bedding...where'd you find that? How fun for you! They're going to love it!

The Bradley's said...

I love it! It truly is a blessing now a day's if a mother has the opportunity to be home with her little ones! I'm so happy for you!

Julie said...

I used to wonder the same things when I was little! I'm grateful that I have a mommy who works at home! :) Kelsey and Mylee are so blessed to have you as their devoted mom Cami!
-Jessica

Diana said...

What a great post! I have those some conversations with Sage. Except that she thinks that daddy is either at "work" or "hunting the big bucks." She actually says that! you are such a good mommy!!! your girls are so lucky!