
My Mom came to visit the week before Thanksgiving. It was so wonderful to have her come. Kelsey and Mylee LOVED having their Grammy around. I realized this was the first time my mom had come to visit me with no other kids in tow. It was nice to have her all to myself--that hasn't happened in years!! The first night she was here we played around our house and the girls had Grammy read the new books we had just gotten from the library. Kelsey was in heaven. My mom even read her this huge Disney Princess book (pictured above) that I hadn't had the patience to read yet. Mylee couldn't say Grammy, but instead called her Magga. It was SO CUTE!!
We of course went shopping and did some Christmas shopping for the girls. My mom even brought the girls new Christmas dresses! I enjoyed showing my mom around Lubbock and letting her get a feel of where I live. Saturday my friends threw me a baby shower and I was lucky enough to have my mom in town so she could come too. It was a great shower and I got some really cute and needful things!! I have such sweet friends here and have felt so welcome and loved.
Sunday Kelsey sang in the Primary Program and got up to the microphone and said her part perfectly from memory, "Family prayer strengthens my family, IT IS A BLESSING!" She enunciated that last part really well and I couldn't help but smile proudly when she finished. I really didn't think she would do it, but she surprised me. Kelsey did a great job singing and looked so beautiful in the new dress Grammy got for her. I have to admit though that she did get quite wiggly near the end of the program. She is quite the active little girl and has a hard time sitting still for very long. We are working on that though.
My mom left the next morning on Monday. My girls still talk about Grammy visiting. Thanks for coming to visit us Mom!!!

2 comments:
We did have so much fun didn't we! I can't wait to come when the baby is born!! Give the girls a kiss for me! Loves and hugs! Mom
Fun! It's so nice when family comes to visit, especially moms. :-)
Post a Comment