I'm a little late in journaling this event, but I have some time this morning to give you all some updates. The Orthopaedic Department sponsors a spa night every year around Christmas time to honor the wives in the program. It was SO much FUN!! I got a pedicure!! I had never had one before and it was WONDERFUL!! Not only because it felt so good, but I can't reach down there very easily these days. My nail polish was bright red and best of all called Pretty n' Privileged (I didn't know that until after she had put it on). I also got a little snowflake painted on my big toe--so cute!!! They had lots of yummy appetizers and treats and it was great to visit with the other Ortho wives. They are such a GREAT group of girls!! I'm so lucky to have them. There are 8 of us and we get together once a month while the boys attend journal club. What's funny too is that 4 of the 8 of us are pregnant and 2 just had babies.A couple of days later was the Department Christmas Party. They had it at Cagle Stakes Resteraunt (very Texan!!) in a building they had rented on the resteraunt's property. When pulling up to the resteraunt they had cowboys on horses asking us what party we belonged to and showed us where to go--very cool. The party was fun and the food was good. I had never been served such a large stake before!!
3 comments:
I love pedicures before having a baby! I'm so glad you got one. We already know you are pretty, so now it's nice to hear that you are priveleged, too.
Ditto to what Dionne said...pretty funny about the name of the polish. I think that is a GREAT way to honor the wives of those in the program. I'm so glad you got to do this. The cowboy restaurant sounds like it was pretty fun, too.
What fun! I agree, a pedicure before a baby is a wonderful idea. So glad that you've found great friends with the other wives. That makes all the difference.
Post a Comment