My Mom, sister and her little baby boy came to visit us for 5 days!! We had so much fun!! I was SO excited to get visitors; they're hard to come by here. We had a wonderful time! We went shopping, had movie parties, had a hair bow making party until 1 A.M one night--that was FUN!!!, my talented sister took our family pictures in a cotton field, I took my sister couponing, and we went apple picking. It had been 15 years since it had been just me, my mom, and my sister. Up until that point, it had just been our little three-some until my mom re-married when I was 13. I have so many fond memories of doing things with just us three.
Brighton and Lanaea
Brighton and LanaeaMy mom is a champ at cleaning so it was nice to have her help to get my house looking nice. I went and rented a carpet cleaner to shampoo my carpets while she was here. It was SO nice to have her help. I had been dreading that chore, so it was nice to have some help. In fact it was a real treat to have someone other then me cleaning up messes. It's amazing how much can get done in a little time when you have some help!! In fact as I write this now, my kitchen is overflowing with dishes, dinner dishes are still on the table and there is a pile of clothes that needs to be folded on my family room floor. And what am I doing? I'm blogging!! After some convincing (from me) I decided those things can wait until morning.
My sister Megan making homemade Oreos with my girls. My sister is a really good baker too! She's a woman of MANY talents!
+Fall+2010+058.jpg)
When we took them to the airport to fly home Mylee innocently and sweetly said, "Grandma I'm done with you now." In other words, I've had lots of fun with you Grandma, but it's okay if you go home now. We all got a kick out of it!! Awww, the innocence of children. THANKS FOR COMING MOM AND MEGAN!!
My sister Megan making homemade Oreos with my girls. My sister is a really good baker too! She's a woman of MANY talents!
Our outing to pick apples turned out to be quite an adventure! As we were driving we drove past a beautiful ripe cotton field. It was beautiful!!! I had to stop and have my sister take some pictures. I had dolled the girls up hoping we could get some cute pictures at the apple orchard, but I had to take advantage of this beautiful cotton field. Mylee would cooperate and I wasn't able to get a picture of all three of my girls together, but my sister got some good shots of Mylee by herself and some awesome landscape pictures! It started to rain really hard too and the wind picked up. In the rain we continued driving to the apple orchard. When we arrived it was closing in 30 minutes and it was still raining. When we had ventured out Sunday night to take some family pictures it was raining then too. Kelsey said a little prayer for us and it stopped. I told Kelsey we needed her prayers again. She prayed that the rain would stop, and it did! I stayed in the car with the babies because it was a little cold outside and my mom and sister and the girls ventured out into the apple orchard. The owners let them use a golf cart so they could pick their apples quickly. I thought it was funny that they let them use it. They had a wonderful time and came back with some yummy golden delicious apples. We tried to stop at the cotton field again on the way home to get some pictures, but Mylee and the weather would cooperate again.
+Fall+2010+058.jpg)
When we took them to the airport to fly home Mylee innocently and sweetly said, "Grandma I'm done with you now." In other words, I've had lots of fun with you Grandma, but it's okay if you go home now. We all got a kick out of it!! Awww, the innocence of children. THANKS FOR COMING MOM AND MEGAN!!
6 comments:
Cute post. Thanks Cami. I think Mylee said, "Grandma, I don't need you anymore! Which I took to mean, "I've had my Grammy Polly fix and I'm good. You can go home now!" Love it!
Ha, So funny! I love that little one, I love all of your little ones! It was SO fun! I'm so glad we were able to come out!
Family visits are the BEST. Glad you had so much fun.
Oh my Cami Megan is definatly not how I remember her and your mom still looks great! I cant believe how big your girls are getting and Kelsey looks so big! They are beautiful and I LOVE the family pics!
That sounds like a ton of fun!! How fun to have just the two of them there for a visit!
Okay. I'm going to admit it. This post makes me want to go on a trip to visit some family! :) LOVE the funny stories...and I especially love Mylee's comments!
Post a Comment