Sunday, September 18, 2011

Max our Pet Turtle


Well I thought we were done with the whole pet thing, but when Kelsey found a turtle in our driveway on our walk home from school one day we couldn't resist adding it to our family. I think it was someone's pet that got loose because there was red paint on it's shell. With that said I felt a little better about having a turtle as a pet, but was still very cautious about the girls touching it and if they did I made sure they washed their hands really well. We took Molly the lizard's old cage and made it into Max's home. He (well Kelsey assumed he was male, so we went with it), immediately started eating the lettuce we gave him. They girls were screaming with delight when they saw his big mouth open and try to eat the big pieces of lettuce.


Update: We let Max in the garden for a day to roam around and eat (our garden is enclosed by a cement ledge) and now we can't find him. Either he got out--which if he did, that's pretty impressive--or he dug in the ground somewhere in there. Kelsey and Mylee have been going out there nearly every day to see if they spot him. I'll let you know if he shows up.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Your girls are so cute. I love that they love little creatures so much.