Sunday, February 5, 2012

Old Kitchen Bowls, Loads of Laundry, and Blankets...OH MY!!

Well, as much as I wanted an uneventful week, I didn't quite get one. Kelsey, Lanaea and I came down with the flu, each of us got it about a day a part from one another. Kelsey started us off, then Lanaea, and I finished the party with probably one of the worse flu bugs I have ever had!! Kelsey was a trooper and was content most of the day as long as she had Sprite, her throw up bowl and a show to watch. Sweet Lanaea didn't know what to think about her sickness. She sat most of the day on our rocker-recliner chair with a blanket and throw-up bowl next to her and would drift in and out of sleep for most of the day. There were times, however, that she would get up and mosy about and then I would find her in the most un-usual places. The strangest being underneath our kitchen table laying on her stomach sucking her thumb. It broke my heart. However it was nice that I didn't have to control her craziness to help protect her healing chin. In the days that both Kelsey and Mylee were sick, they both felt better at the end of the day and were pretty much back to normal the following mornings. I on the other hand it pretty bad and didn't recover quite as quickly. Should have got my flu shot--next year for sure!!! Blake was sweet and came home from a long day of work around 8:30PM and gathered all the girls up and got them working. They did all the dishes and cleaned my whole house!! It was such a burden lifted off my back!! After about 24 hours of being quite sick and unable to eat anything, Blake gave me a beautiful blessing and then I went to bed and got a WONDERFUL night's rest and woke up the next morning feeling significantly improved!! I felt so blessed that I had recovered so quickly. The Lord also showed me His tender mercies that morning by helping me realize how blessed I am to be a wife and mother. All of our girls came into mine and Blake's bedroom and loved us in each of their own ways. Lanaea talked our ears off, we didn't understand most of what she said, but it was sure entertaining to listen and watch her. Kelsey was our little snuggle bug and Mylee tried to steal a couple of tickles here and there to get a laugh out of Blake. She also told us about her dreams...I wish I could remember what it was to share it with you.

Even though I was still pretty weak, I felt well enough to go to the laundry mat and do our laundry with all three girls. Blake had to go to work, but we were blessed that he was able to stick around in the early morning with us. The day got better when some friends invited us over for BBQ and we had a nice visit and our girls had a wonderful time playing with their two girls. Blake got paged to the hospital and ended up having to leave a little bit early. On a side note, word of warning!! Never try to make potato salad when you only have an hour to prepare it!! It turned out so bad I stopped by Sam's club on the way to pick up a chocolate cake. We were late to our party, but I think the chocolate cake ended up being worth it! Like last week our week ended up really nice. Today was a beautiful and relaxing Sunday. I also made some killer chicken tacos with spanish rice that I was pretty psyched about!!! My girls loved it too!! Yes another recipe for my growing collection!!
Before I leave you for the week, I wanted to tell you a funny story about Lanaea this week. As you know she split her chin open two weeks ago--which I'm happy to report it is healing and looking good, she did split it open slightly though and you can't close an old wound, grrr!! It will be okay though. Well, this week she picked at her skin on her hand and tore a tiny piece of skin off. I have had more tears about that tiny little ouchy then the huge gash on chin!!! I found a trick though, as long as a piece of tape was over it, she was happy. She woke up in the night last night crying because her tape had fallen off. Once I replaced it, she went right back to sleep. Same thing happened at church today, only I didn't have tape to replace what she tore off. Luckily a sweet grandma came to my rescue and kept handing back toys to keep her distracted. That grandma didn't even have any children by her and she was pulling more toys and activities out of her bag then I have ever brought to church. It was pretty funny! At one point I piled everything up and showed it to Blake and he looked at me wide-eyed and we both just laughed. I hope to be a grandmother that helps rescue young mothers too one day.

No comments: