
This morning started off with a bang. I set the girls alarm for 5:50AM and they were up as soon as it went off, including Lanaea. When I went back to their room, both Kelsey and Mylee were dressed for school, their beds were made and they were brushing their teeth!! They were giggling and talking, so excited for their first day. I plugged in the hot rollers and sent Kelsey to practice the piano. I started on Mylee's hair, finished then did Kelsey's hair. We had scripture study, took our "1st day of school" pictures and got all settled to walk to school. I had to wake poor Kayden up. When we arrived at school I sent Kelsey off to her class with a big hug then walked Mylee to her class. It was hustling and a bustling back in the Kindergarten halls!! Some kids were crying, some parents were cheering as they were leaving. It was all pretty funny. At the girls' school, they feed them breakfast for FREE so I helped Mylee get her breakfast ticket and her food. Today they were serving chocolate or regular milk, apple juice, and a breakfast pizza. Mylee was thrilled!! I didn't get to see Kelsey in her morning routines, but will probably visit tomorrow morning.
 |
| My big girl! I can't believe she is going into the 3rd grade!! |
 |
| Mylee eating her breakfast! |
 |
| Cute couch right outside her classroom. |
At about 12:30 I got a call from the school nurse, I thought, "Oh no!!" Kelsey has a mosquito bite on her lower leg and it's really been bothering her. She told the nurse she had had it for 2 or 3 weeks. The nurse encouraged me to go see a doctor. I thanked her for her call and told her it had actually only been about 3 or 4 days. I didn't tell her Blake was a doctor. We'll see how it looks in a couple of days.
After school, Mylee was all smiles. Kelsey was a little grumpy--she doesn't do well on little sleep. Mylee said, "Mom, today was the best day ever!!" That's one of Mylee's favorite sayings. It came from Tangled and she says it every time something exciting and fun happens.
 |
| Lanaea and Kayden hanging out at the girls' school. They are going to be best buddies now. |
3 comments:
So cute. Everyone is growing up so fast. Isn't getting kids to school crazy! I need a nap after getting them all to school, but that will never happen.
Yay for an update, Cami! Your children are beutiful! I can't believe Kelsey is in 3rd grade. How fun to have both of the girls headed to school now--together!
WOW! You all look amazing, as always. I was so excited to see this post. Sounds like you have MUCH better school mornings than the WRights do! Miss you.
Post a Comment