Sunday, July 6, 2014

July 4th 2014

 This year started out yummy with Einstein bagels and cream cheese otherwise known as smear. Blake had brought them home the night before. I was so excited that Blake was able to join us in the holiday festivities this year. We went to the city parade and had a great time. We were even lucky enough to run into some good friends among the crowds that showed up for the parade. The girls' most favorite thing, according to them, was the candy that people threw out. We didn't arrive early enough to get seats near the road, but the girls eventually inched their way in to the front lines as the parade progressed. They were disappointed that despite their efforts at getting the perfect location, they didn't get much candy. Kelsey was in tears because of it...so sad (insert sarcasm font). It was fun to see Kayden's reaction to the horses, cars and trucks.
Kelsey, Kayden, Mylee, Kaylee, Lanaea, Brooke, and Austin


Is this cute our what?!


I think he liked the parade!

After the parade, Blake went to his hole (his study place, that day it happened to be his bedroom) to study while me and girls got out the kiddie pool. I placed it underneath the slide and the kids and I had a great time. I've been so busy with getting the house ready to move that I haven't played with the girls much this summer. It was so relaxing and just plain fun to play with my kiddos. I went so far as putting on my swimsuit...I know... and I got a major sunburn, opps! Blake even joined the fun for about an hour. It was so great. I let the girls stay up late to watch the fireworks. We started in our front yard, but ended up on the roof. I wish I had captured some pictures of it. It was fun to see fireworks all over the city including some large ones in our own neighborhood. Blake and I stayed up to watch a movie together. It was a perfect ending to a perfect day. God Bless America!

No comments: