Thursday, June 12, 2008

Beating the Heat


Vermont has finally decided to send us some summer weather this past week. I have forgotten how hot it gets here--90's with 80% humidity! We've been to the beach twice trying to get some relief and of course have fun!! Blake has had these past two weeks off and we have been trying to take advantage of him being home.

On a different note, do you ever feel like you are completely "losing it!"? Today was one of Kelsey's little friend's B-day parties. When the event was over I took Mylee to go pick up Kelsey. I went in and visited for a little bit and then left with Kelsey. I was helping her go down the stairs in her princess dress and shoes (it was a princess party) and my friend Miquelle comes to the door laughing saying, "Cami, do you want to take Mylee?" I had completely forgotten about her! Also in my conversations I have had a hard time saying anything coherent and what things I have said have been coming out all wrong making me regret that I spoke in the first place.

I'm thinking it's stress. From the obligations I feel I have to meet as a wife, mother, young women leader, visiting teacher, and the stresses that come from financing medical school and beyond have really been making me go loco! I think I need a vacation!! I can't wait to go see my family in July! I need to hear my mom say, "Everything is going to work out :)" I have to remember to count my blessings. When I do that, suddenly everything seems to be okay and I feel at peace. Hopefully I haven't been too frank in revealing this.

This is at Indian Brook Reservoir where Blake has been swimming to train for his triathlon in July. It's so beautiful!

7 comments:

Emily said...

I do appreciate your frankness! It is nice to know that I'm not the only forgetful one. (I did get a good laugh out of your story about Mylee!) I think having kids just takes part of your brain away...at least that's how it feels for me.
Good luck with all you have going on...Blake is sure lucky to have you as a support. We are excited to see you all in a few weeks.

Annette said...

This 4th year is exciting but also stressful because so much change is heading our way. I've been on edge lately too. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one.

Remind me to talk to you about work situations... I have a few ideas for you!

Amber said...

It's good to know that you are a normal. I think all of us mom's have had moments like the one with Mylee.
Maybe our families will be able to meet up with you guys when you come in July. I saw the Brown's family portrait they gave to grandma Hancock for Mother's Day. It's cute. You have a wonderful family!!!

Nat said...

I am so glad you posted about this. I have felt the exact same way lately. There is too much to do as a wife, mother, church member, and poor medical student! I need more time to do everything!! I have done things like that a lot the past little while. It makes me feel good to know that I am not the only one going crazy.

Niki Carter said...

You are not alone sista! We all go a little crazy! It is part of the job description!

miquelle and cody said...

You are definately not alone! We all have those days or weeks! Love you!

Nicole Goeckeritz said...

Cami I forgot Sabrie the other day when I picked the kids up from the sitter. I even put her in her car seat and then picked up the diaper bag and grabbed Ammon's hand and started walking out. The babysitter said don't forget Sabrie. I totally forgot about her. I felt so bad. I am glad to know someone else did the same thing.