Sunday, August 24, 2008
Hair Woes
I'm writing this post at an insane time of night because I need to purge. So here is the deal, it is 11:36 P.M. and I've been crying over Kelsey's hair unable to get my mind off it to fall asleep. For those of you that don't know, Kelsey had a bad hair cut while we were on vacation and got way too much length taken off--like 5 or 6 inches!! instead of 2. I won't go into the story because it is still too upsetting for me and if you ask I probably won't tell you the whole story and would probably not like to tell it at all. But the thing is is that it's been a month and I am still having issues with it. Can I just get over it? Man, it's just hair! It grows back right? And according to a website I just found, an average person's hair grows 6 inches in a year. That would repair the damage right?, but a year?!! Did I not say a while ago that I have this strange obession with hair. I wasn't kidding you. It's still long enough to pull back in a pony tail and do a french braid and all that fun stuff, but I can't get past the picture in my head of her beautiful long flowing blonde hair. Her hair was almost a sense of pride for me--I know it's weird. The funny thing is that she still looks as adorable as ever, I'm just having issues. Now that I am back home and everyone hasn't seen the "damage" I'm afraid someone is going to ask me, "Why did you cut her hair?" So if you see Kelsey and you feel the urge to say something about her hair, tell me it looks beautiful--I need some boosting. Well, I feel somewhat better now. Hopefully I don't regret this post later. But honestly, I need to get a grip! Of all things to be upset about! Maybe now I can go so sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's depressing! I'm sorry! I understand. Rachel has really long straight dark and beautiful hair. She chopped her bangs last Christmas right before our trip to Utah! Now we are growing her bangs out and they are just about long enough to go behind her ears. Needless to say, her hair has not looked the greatest for the past year! I want to see a picture of her new haircut!
Oh, Sweet Cami! I am so sorry...still. All I have to say is "That Turkey!" (And I think you know who I'm talking about!) ;)
Seriously though, I don't think even a bad haircut could make Kelsey look bad. She is one beautiful girl, with a smile to melt anyone's heart!
If you're wanting some hair ideas, here are a couple: flip/curl the ends OUT and do a small "poke through" pony on top in the middle, or you can always do 2 LOW pigtails...very cute! I'll rack my brain some more and let you know if I come up with any more!
cami, I know I haven't seen Kelsey's hair yet, but I really don't think that any haircut could take away from her cuteness, I'm sure it looks super cute, she still has that lucious think, blonde hair - it WILL grow, I promise ;).
Hair can be a big deal. My mom wouldn't let me cut mine until 8th grade. Even then, the only reason it was allowed was for the sake of identity issues. And just ask one of our closest mutual friends about how big a deal hair is. It is so easy to take hair for granted until we are perhaps forced to appreciate it (or the way it was!). welcome home, by the way.
Cami I feel your pain about Kelsey's hair. Jessica cut her hair nearly straight to the scalp right before she started kindergarten. She looked like a European punk rocker. It was a very painful time for me. People actually asked me if I had cut it. I want to see a pic of Kelsey. It can't be as bad as Jessica's was.
Post a Comment