Friday, September 5, 2008

The Things They Say

The story first starts with Kelsey getting into trouble and going to time out in her bedroom. Of course she was distraught and she cried, but more then that she was calling for someone other then Blake or I. I snuck upstairs and listened next to her door. She was calling for Jesus. I felt terrible that she thought I had been that harsh, but was able to use this as a teaching moment to teach her to pray when she wanted Jesus. She didn't want to at that time, but I hoped that she had learned something.

After bedtime Kelsey came downstaris upset because her tummy hurt. I asked her to go use the bathroom and then it would feel better, then she said, "No Mom, Jesus can make it better." Of course, why didn't I think of that? Then we knelt down together and she prayed to Heavenly Father to ask Jesus to make her tummy not hurt. When she was done, she was all smiles and went back to bed. Is that just not adorable!! It's times like those that make all the demands of motherhood worth it!!!

5 comments:

Polly said...

Cami,

Thank you for being such a GREAT mother and recognizing those teaching moments.

I'm still in withdrawal from having you all here. I miss you so much, but am so happy that you are doing good things!

Love you,

Mom

Monica said...

WOW!!! What a great mom. I hope I can be like you when I grow up, or should I say as Lil' O grows up?! You are amazing. Thanks for sharing this.

Logan and Tanya said...

Cami, you really are a sweet mom. I look up to you! Way to recognize the teaching moment...she obviously "got it" even when she didn't feel like praying the first time. You have very sweet girls! (Kams still asks about "Telsey"! I am SOOO glad they got to know each other-finally!)

Adam and Rachel Family said...

You must be doing something right Cami. That is, I'm sure you are doing everything right. I love hearing and learning from you!

Anonymous said...

Hi there.