For Christmas Eve this year, the Stake President and his family invited us over for dinner and holiday festivities. It was a lot of fun!! It was so nice to be in a home and to celebrate the holiday with friends. The dinner was wonderful. Sister Sessions make yummy rolls, ham, cheesy potatoes, vegies and there were a whole bunch of desserts. I was feeling ambitious and brought cherry cheesecake and fudge. Yummm, I love fudge. However this year, I accidently forgot to put the vanilla extract in. Opps, thankfully they still tasted good. After dinner we played holiday BINGO. Everytime someone got a bingo they got a present and then we would play until everyone got a bingo and a present. I got a nice cosy blanket. Blake got a huge remote control--haa haa, that was funny. Kelsey got a Ballerina Princess Barbie. She could not have been more thrilled. On the way home from the party she said, "This is the best present ever!" Mylee got a cute cuddly puppy.
This is what Blake got. Apparently President picked it out.
Kelsey and her new Ballerina Barbie


As part of the evening, the kids also decorated sugar cookies for Santa. There were all sorts of sprinkles and toppings to choose from.
The last activity of the night, President Sessions read the children, "Twas the Night Before Christmas". Kelsey was completely enthralled! She loved it. The President was so sweet with them.
Mylee had a great time. She loved exploring a new house and got into all sorts of things. It took me and Blake forever to eat dinner because we had to keep chasing Mylee and getting her out of things. Look at that cute smile!
1 comment:
What an awesome Stake President you guys have. I'm guessing he's in your ward, also. That is just too cool that he invited you all over and you each had a gift. NEAT! Happy New Year! Love you guys!
Post a Comment