Thursday, February 19, 2009

One More Month!!!

Exactly one month from today we will find our where we are going for residency! We are extremely anxious to find out. Our top choices will either take us to Texas, keep us here in Vermont, to Arizona, or to Pennsylvania. We're excited about the possibily of purchasing a home and starting a new chapter in our life!! We've already calculated how much it will cost to go to each place, checked out the homes for sale, made a budget for each place, etc.--we have to keep telling ourselves to STOP!!

As far as how match goes. We make a list of programs we would like to go to, the various programs make a list of what students they would like to have in their program. All those numbers go into a computer and wa-la! we are assigned a spot--HOPEFULLY!! There are instances where students do not match, where if that happens they try to scramble into a program that has an open spot where they didn't have a student match. In Orthopaedics, that's virtually unheard of, so we are crossing our fingers that we will match!

6 comments:

Dionne said...

Let the countdown begin, then! Very exciting guys:) We hope you go where you want to go but we also would love to keep you here in New England with us! Maybe we'll just catch up with you again when we move to NM. Good Luck and let us know :) We'll be praying that you get in where it will be best for your family! Oh. . . I am excited for you!

Monica said...

I really miss you guys and hope you move closer to us...whether that is in Tucson or Lubbock (sp?) Anyway...good luck trying NOT to figure out your future. I understand how you want to know about all the places that are a possibility but you can't keep pushing numbers and dream homes(that's what I'd be most excited about) until you know for sure where you're going! Love you guys! Kelsey looks so cute skiing. Oh, the video is sideways because for video it doesn't self-fix if you turn the camrea sideways. I've had to learn that one!

Sam and Carmin said...

The clock ticking down is a hard thing to wait on! It sounds like you are ready to move forward, wherever your match lands! I vote for AZ!!!

Logan and Tanya said...

What cute posts, Cami! The skiing video is adorable! Good luck with your countdown. I'm so excited for you 4! AND...that Valentine's story of Kelsey - I just had a flash forward about...oh 10-15 years when she just can't stop smelling the beautiful flowers/reading the mushy cards from her boys! ;) I'm obviously stressed already!

Niki Carter said...

where in texas??

Emily said...

I'm getting so excited for you guys! I'm sure you can't wait.
Being in limbo is hard...
I'm crossing my fingers for AZ- we would LOVE to have you close by.
Wherever you end up I'm sure it will be an exciting new time for your family!