Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Verdict is in!!!!!


We arrived at the school around 11:30 A.M. where we all waited with anticipation. I was off the wall this morning and Kelsey kept asking, "Mom, what is it?" I would tell her, "Today we find out where we will be living for the next 5 years and what kind of doctor daddy will be." "Oh," she would say. When we met Blake at school, Kelsey told Blake, "Today we find out what kind of doctor you are going to be!" Remember we ranked two specialties. We know we matched on Monday, but we didn't know what in. So today was very exciting for us.


Here is Blake and Mylee waiting with anticipation--well at least Blake is.


Here is the Dean, Dr. Waterman with the envelopes that say where we are going in them. Ahhh!!! When everyone saw him, everyone started clapping. We followed him back to the students' mailboxes along with everyone else. Me and the girls waited in the hall with our friends while Blake went to get the envelope. The anticipation at this point was about to kill me. People were crying and then I started crying!! I hadn't even found out where we were going. We had worked so hard and then to be there at that moment, the culmination of all that we have been working for the past many years was just surreal. Blake eventually found his way to us. Our friends who had early match in January were video taping and he opened it up. And there it was......

Texas Tech University

Dept. of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation.

Lubbock, Texas

Our 1st choice!!!!!



Wow, we can not be happier and really can't believe it!! We feel so blessed and watched over. I am so PROUD of Blake. He worked sooooo hard at this!!!!!!!!!! It just shows that you can get what you really want if you put in the work and rely on the Lord. Today was such a momentous day for us. Now we hope to go looking for homes and get all of our moving plans into place.

So our life moves forward and we are again staring another adventure and we are very excited about it!!!

15 comments:

JAPAM Parker said...

Congratulations!!!
I am so happy for you. Everyone I know from Texas absolutely loves it.

Nat said...

COngrats!! That is so awesome. I'm glad you got your first choice!

Emily said...

What WONDERFUL news. I am just thrilled for you guys! Thanks for sharing the details of the morning...what a memory this will be!

Niki Carter said...

the number of texans in our family is growing!! 8 hours isn't too far!! I can't wait!

Sam and Carmin said...

I'm glad to know how the day went play by play! You are just beaming in the pictures, and we are so excited for you. Congrats to all 4 of you for making it to this point! Especially to Cami and Blake!

Heather and Ben said...

CONGRATULATIONS you guys!! What a great day. You will LOVE Texas!

Dionne said...

You really do look so happy! Thanks for the details. They are defining details in your life, that's for sure!

Logan and Tanya said...

I'm pretty sure you probably had this whole post created in your head ahead of time, with all those budgets, housing details, etc! So thankful you were able to have it all come about. Let us know how the house hunting trips go...definitely blog worthy!

The Bradley's said...

Oh my gosh, Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you guys! Not only do you have a job but now you get to buy a house! Yay!

Monica said...

We are so excited for you guys!!! You will be half a country closer now! Thanks for sharing the details of your exciting day. It makes it that much more exciting for us to know how the day unfolded.

Erin said...

Congrats on the Match. I have personal experience with the stress of the day. Glad it worked out so well for you! It will be nice to be somewhere warm.

The McClellan Clan said...

that is awesome!! You are going to love texas I think!! And that is so cool he got what he wanted. That is the kind of DR. Brady always wanted to be. Specializing in sports medicine and all!! Great minds think alike!! But Brady got as far as the MKAT and then his soon to be wife said, are you sure this is what you want? And he soon backed out! Thank heavens. I don't know how you've done it girl with 2 kiddies, I don't know how he did it!! Good luck with everything, that is SO awesome!

Brittany said...

Congratulations! That is awesome that you got your first choice! It must be so nice to finally know! I'm happy for you guys.

Cristi said...

Congrats Girl!!!! I bet your fam is happy since it is closer to Utah :) THat is where Karli Anderson lives... The Wallace clan.....

Nicole Goeckeritz said...

Congratulations guys! You deserve every happiness in the world. I am so glad you will be so much closer to us. Love you!