Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Beginnings....

Well, Blake started his first official day of residency today. He woke up at 4:30 A.M and was out of the house at 5 A.M. I don't expect him home until 7 PM or thereafter. We feel so blessed that he has a job and that he is doing what he wants to do--Orthopaedics; however these feelings are mixed with, ahhh, how am I going to do this? How is he (he's amazing, he'll do it without complaint)?

I'm comforted by the scripture found in Moses Chapter 6:56 that reads: "...and they taste the bitter, that they may know to prize the good." Yes, these five years will be hard, but when he has time off or when things aren't as busy, I will learn to cherish those times and appreciate them so much better. I also find comfort in the fact that there are other wives in the program with kids that are making it through. I asked a second year Ortho resident wife how the intern year was and she said, "Oh just fine, nothing worse then med school." We'll see if I say the same.

Another adventure begins....

2 comments:

Logan and Tanya said...

You two are an amazing team, Cami. I really admire your attitude! Good luck with it all! :)

Dionne said...

Oh, Cami! I'm feeling for you. . . and just trust me when I can tell you that it does get better. Pretty soon those years will be over. You already know to hold onto those moments of calm inspirational thoughts.

You can do it!!!