Monday, September 7, 2009

Go Cougars!!

This past weekend we went to Arlington, Texas to see the BYU Cougars play!!! Blake was able to get work off early on Friday. Once he arrived home around 12 PM, we left about an hour later for our 6 hour drive. Blake's Uncle Bob and Aunt Kathy Clifton live in Plano, so we stayed with them. We had such a GREAT time. Uncle Bob and Aunt Kathy have their 3 grandkids living with them and they are all close to our girl's ages, so our girls were in heaven. Blake's brother flew in for the event, so we met up with him and Uncle Bob, Aunt Kathy, the grandkids and Douglas (Blake's cousin) and his fiance for dinner at Scottie P's--a hamburger joint. It was Delicious!

Blake and I had stopped for gas on the way home and told them we would meet up with them at their house. When we arrived at their house, no one was home. We just figured that they had stopped somewhere. So we unloaded our things on their steps and waited... and waited. After a while I insisted that Blake call them. After some proding he called, and sure enough--there was a problem. We had been waiting at the WRONG house!!

Once we arrived at the right house, we got the girls down to bed and then talked into the wee hours of the night. The next day Blake and Trevor used their handy skills to help around the house. Blake fixed their broken mailbox and Trevor fixed some cabinets and did some repair work in the bathrooms. I got to go to the store with Aunt Kathy and the three girls.

Saturday night, we left our girls with the Clifton's and went to the game located at the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium (SO Cool!!). Aparently Kelsey taught all the kids to dance while we were gone. Mylee did acrobatics in the port-a-crib by climbing out onto the nightstand and dancing around when she should have been going to sleep. Kelsey also showed off her swimming skills in the bathtub, showing Uncle Bob that she could blow bubbles underneath the water and so forth. As for Blake, Trevor, and I. Well, what can I say!! We were in one of the coolest stadiums ever--indoor, air-conditioned (whew!!), with the biggest television screen I had ever seen--AND our BYU Cougars beat the #3 Oklahoma Sooners! Let me tell you, we were proud to be cougar fans.

Our seats were in the middle of a sea of Sooner fans, but we didn't let our voices go unheard. Luckily there was a couple that were BYU fans that sat next to us. So there were us 5 cheering for the Cougars in the midst of a bunch of frustrated Sooner fans. Sam Bradford's injury was unfortnate of course. Blake was already diagnosing his problem before they pulled him off the field. He examined the way the team doctors were holding his arm and how they treated it when they put him on the table to be examined. He even called one of his chiefs (another BYU fan, watching from home) to discuss the diagnosis. Their diagnosis matched what reports have been confirming--go Dr. Blake!

Overall the Oklahoma fans were very nice as we walked out of the stadium. One man sitting next to us that had had a few too many drinks was a little upset with us, but his family was quick to apologize for his comments. After the win, the side of the stadium where most of the BYU fans were, stayed and cheered with their team. The players were living up the moment and boy did they deserve it.

It took us 2 hours to get out of the stadium and game traffic before we were on our way. There was even a wreck that happened right in front of us in the stadium parking lot! When we got home, the Clifton's filled us in on the night and we stayed up until 1:30 A.M. talking.

The next morning we went to a local ward and then the Clifton's fixed us a yummy lunch before we dropped Trevor off at the airport. It was a great weekend!

We're number 1!!
Blake and his brother Trevor, the stadium lit up in the background
Mylee (2), Cassidy(5), Kelsey(4.5), Cassandra(2.5), Denny(4)

13 comments:

Dionne said...

That sounds like a GREAT trip! I'm so glad you got to be with so much family. Matt was hanging on every internet report he could get while "listening" to that game! Super exciting! Cami you look oh so cute. . . and good job Blake, giving a diagnoses from a stadium bleacher seat!

Michelle said...

Cami...I totally thought, "What if the Cliftons went to THAT game?" Then I convinced myself you wouldn't go, the same people who skipped the Osler banquet!!! I was wrong! WAY TO GO!! We're totally jealous...and more, missing you guys! You look awesome!

Monica said...

I'm so excited you got to stay with Uncle Bob and Aunt Kathy and their little munchkins...aren't they so cute. How fun that Trevor got to join you, also! Cami, you do look VERY cute!

Cami said...

I'm just having to laugh as I read your comments. Yes, it is obvious that I am prego. My tummy has decided to pop in the last two weeks. Get a good look, you won't see too many pictures of me pregnant :) Thanks for the comments. Am Michelle, this is Blake we are talking about--Osler vs BYU, hummm... It's not even a debate to him.

Sam and Carmin said...

We were also internet watching--especially the last 5 minutes of the game! That sounds like a fabulous weekend. So glad you got to go to the game, and that you got to be with Bob & Kathy. That's the definition of a perfect weekend in Texas.

Emily said...

What a game to be at!!! I'm sure that was a blast- and YAY for air conditioning especially for you while you are pregnant.
And you do look GREAT.

Diana said...

You look adorable!! I am glad that you had such a blast at the game! We looked for you!! I got to watch it with your mom, although she wasn't really watching it! Miss you!

Heather and Ben said...

We will miss having you guys at BYU parties this year. Glad you got to see the game. Ben was there as well! I can't believe I missed it!

Logan and Tanya said...

Sure thought of you guys also! Sounds perfect...clear down to the chance to stay with Bob & Kathy! Logan was DYING as he watched it KNOWING Blake had offered him an extra ticket. So fun! And I agree with everyone else...you look so cute! Can't wait to meet that little girl!

miquelle and cody said...

AWESOME! How fun, wish we were there with you!

Three Lads and a Lis said...

SO lucky you guys!!! That must have been AWESOME, ditto to everyone else Cami - you look so great :).

Miss you guys! GO COUGARS!!!

Cristi said...

look at your cute belly. although you are still barely showing I am showing as much as you and have more time left.... ahhhhh! luv ya girl

Amber said...

Fun!! Brett is so jealous that you got to actually be at the game. I'm glad you guys had a great time!!