Monday, January 4, 2010

She's Here!!


Sunday morning January 3rd, 2010 at 1:32 A.M. we welcomed Lanaea Joy Clifton into our family!! She weighed in at 7 lbs. 4 oz. and was 18 3/4 inches long. She is as perfect as they come. The delivery was a little traumatic, but Lanaea and I made it out okay. My water broke Saturday night around 5 PM--just minutes after Kelsey and I got home from Target and Hobby Lobby!! Not knowing how fast my labor would progress--my water had never broken by itself before-- I quickly grabbed my bag and put the things in that I hadn't got to yet (needless to say I forgot some things) and Blake and I quickly took the girls to a friend's house down the road.

Ironically I wasn't in pain yet. I had been having some strong contractions for the past week, but nothing to get too excited about. My water continued to break as we drove to the hospital and as I was admitted. The nurses laughed when I came into the birthing center triage because my pants were all wet. The doctor came in shortly after and he didn't check me because I was at increased risk of infection because my membranes had ruptured. They admitted me into labor and delivery, set me up on the monitors and then we waited. We sat and watched Texas Tech win the Alamo Bowl and watched parts of some movies on T.V. Unfortunately during that time, my contractions weren't doing a whole lot. Some hurt, some were wimpy and they were inconsistent. So they ordered me some pit.--yuck. After ordering that I asked to get my epideral. The process wasn't bad at all, but it only worked on half of my body--just like Kelsey--UGGH!! The anethesiolgist had to come in and give me more meds and eventually it got numb enough on my right side. A few minutes after they did that the doctor was in my room again with the nurse to check me. Surprisingly I was at an 8 and I really hadn't been in that much pain. Shortly after that I started feeling really sick and then the baby's heart rate dropped to the low 40's (very low) and wasn't picking up. After that it was a whirl wind. The doctor said, "Okay, let's go, we're getting this baby out." Within minutes doctors and nurses were everywhere and they told me to start pushing. Then the doctor got the forcepts and pulled her out. Much to my horror, it took her what seemed like forever to cry. But she eventually did and she was fine. Her APGAR came back at a 7 to 9. I was a little shaken up and so was Blake, but we were thankful for the good medical team that took care of me and Lanaea. I thought I was going to be in labor for a couple of more hours.


This is about 20 minutes before Lanaea came, we thought we had a while to go.

Phew!! I did it and the baby is well!!

Proud new dad.


Lanaea's first bath



Both Lanaea and I are doing well. We got home this afternoon from the hospital. Blake is taking Monday and Tuesday off and some friends have offered to help with babysitting on Wednesday-Friday. Blake then has the weekend off. Love you all!!

19 comments:

Monica said...

She is GORGEOUS and the name fits her...it is also beautiful. Love it! I'm glad you are doing well. I'm really glad Lanaea is doing well. Congrats and I can't wait to meet her.

Emily said...

Congratulations!! She is gorgeous and looks abosolutely perfect. So happy for you all. Enjoy these precious moments with her.

Dionne said...

Congratulations! And I'm so glad the trauma was short-lived. . . those can be intense moments.

Lanaea is a pretty name -- it fits perfectly with your other girls'!

Congratulations Blake and Cami.

Logan and Tanya said...

Sooo beautiful...name & baby! She looks perfect, and I'm so happy for you. I'm so grateful the scare worked itself out, and is no more than a "story" about her delivery now. Birth truly is a miracle!

Can't wait to meet her, and Cami, you look beautiful for having just given birth!

Amber said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful! I'm glad that everything ended up being okay and that you and baby are both doing well.

Cristi said...

She is cute Cami! Congrats. William did the same thing. it is scary huh I am glad all is well. I am glad the girls got to go in they wont let them in when I have mine :( Congrats again!

miquelle and cody said...

What a beautiful baby! We are so excited for you...just wish I was there to see her in person! :)

Nat said...

COngrats!!! I'm glad you are all okay and that she is healthy. She looks beautiful.

Diana said...

Congrats!she is beautiful! I'm glad that you are both doing good!

Shersti said...

Hooray! So fun to see pictures of the girls holding their new little sister. Miss you!

Delisa Hargrove said...

Hooray!!! Glad Lanaea arrived and you both are fine!! Congratulations!

Three Lads and a Lis said...

She is beautiful, looks like a Clifton for sure ;), for a second I thought I was seeing a picture of Mylee.

So sorry for the harried delivery, but glad that all is well.

Rest up and enjoy that new baby smell, nothing like it in the world.

Much love, wish I could hold her in person... and take care of your big girls for you.

marti said...

Lanaea, what a pretty name. I received a voice mail from you mom today to tell me you had the baby, but no details. I'm glad you and baby are home and safe. What can I do to help? I work at the Temple in the morning but will be free after that. What night can I bring dinner? We don't leave again until monday. Your mother in law doesn't come until the 11th, right? I would love to help in anyway. You guys sure do well in the girl department...lol Love you guys. I'll call tomorrow.

Heather and Ben said...

She is so beautiful you guys! Congrats!!

Katie said...

Oh yay! Congrats! She is gorgeous-just like all those Clifton girls. Savor every moment!

Adam and Rachel Family said...

Congrats! What a beautiful little doll. Enjoy her. Good luck with the adjustment to three. I'm sure you will be an absolute pro.

The Bradley's said...

Congrats--all of your girls are so beautiful!

Erin said...

Congrats. Your girls are getting so big!

Tammy said...

Congrats Cami and Blake! She is beautiful and I'm so happy everything turned out well. Wish you were closer!!