A week after Lanaea was born my mother-in-law came to visit to help me with the baby. She was so sweet and considerate to come and help. My mom had scheduled a trip to go to Hawaii over a year ago and ironically it was scheduled right on Lanaea's due date, so she wasn't able to come and help me right after Lanaea was born so my Mother-in-law filled in her spot. During Lanaea's first week of life I got help from friends and Blake was able to take 3 days off for work. I was very grateful for the help.
While Grammy Joyce was here she did what she does best, LOVE my girls. My girls couldn't get enough of her. They sang songs, played endless hours of Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, Memory, went on walks, she was even able to join in on a movie party where we watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. (Every Friday that Blake has to work overnight, me and the girls get a movie to watch together.) I loved having that much extra sleep in the morning and having help with the daily chores around the house and making meals. I utilized her cooking skills and had her make some cinnamon rolls to give out as thank you's to those that helped me the week previous. The girls of course helped and made great dough cookies. Kelsey was very proud of her cooking skills.
Mylee thought it was the greatest thing ever. When the rolls were finished we delivered them around town, stopping by the Lubbock Temple to show Grammy Joyce. From gathering all the cinnamon rolls and the cute little notes I had made to gathering all that I needed for the girls and the baby and making sure I had all the addressed I needed, it took us about 30 minutes to get out the door and in the car, but we eventually made it there. Thankfully I have reduced the time it takes to get ready and out the door.
The girls also had lots snuggle time with their new sister. Mylee has lovingly nicknamed her Baby Naea. Grammy Joyce was a good sport and was probably exhausted by the time her week's stay was over. We love you Grammy Joyce thank you for coming to help!
No comments:
Post a Comment