Saturday, March 13, 2010

Grammy Polly Comes to Visit


After some great R&R in HAWAII!! my mom came to visit to help with the baby 2 weeks after Lanaea was born. It was very generous and sweet of her to come after being away from my little brother and sisters a whole week previous. Thank you Roland, Spencer, Abby, Lizzy, and Mary for letting her come!! It was nice to have some help at 2 weeks postpartum too. At that point the newness of having a baby starts to rub off and reality starts setting in, so it was nice to have my mom during this transition period. With Blake's demanding work schedule it's usually just me and the girls and I wouldn't say I was ready for it to be like that just yet. But by the time she left I felt stronger and ready to face my new reality.

Having my mom come is always a delight. She's a champ at cleaning and organizing things and I always appreciate finding little things that she did. She also did what grandmas do best, LOVE my children. Together they made chocolate chip cookies, played games, read books and had lots and lots of snuggle time. Mylee is my snuggler and took advantage of as much snuggle time as she could get.


1 comment:

Polly said...

Thanks Cami, I loved comimg! Wish there were fewer miles between us!