Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Lunchbox Caper


On Monday I had put Kelsey's lunch bag in her backpack so she wouldn't have to carry it. So I was surprised to find it in our pantry when I got back home from dropping her off. I remembered hearing her open her backpack, but didn't think to check it before we left. Before lunch time I dropped Kelsey's lunch off at her classroom. It was so fun for me to see her sitting at her table working hard and interacting with the others kids in her class. When I picked her up that day, I asked her why she had taken her lunch bag out of her backpack. She said:

Kelsey: "Cause Mom, kids who don't bring a lunch get a tray."

Mom: "Oh, you wanted a tray today?"

Kelsey: "Yes."

Mom and Dad: "If you get stickers on your chart for two weeks (good behavior chart that gets sent home every day) then you can get a tray (ie: school lunch)."

Kelsey: "OKAY!!"

4 comments:

Polly said...

Kelsey, You look so pretty! I heard you love school!

Dionne said...

She is such a beautiful girl! And, hooray for motivation -- whatever it takes is what I say!

Sam and Carmin said...

Aha! You found the motivator.

I love the updated blog, Cami! Thank you!

miquelle and cody said...

Wow, Kelsey's hair is so long!