Guess where we went today?!! The ER!! But really we just met Blake there and he took her back--whahoo FREE (okay wait, not technically, we paid BIG bucks--ie. med school-- to get this privilege)!! On Monday Kelsey closed our car door on her finger accidentally. Every day is has gotten worse. Blake had gone into work this morning even though he wasn't feeling great, but he is trying to fulfill his responsibilities at work the best way he can. He x-rayed her finger and there were no fractures--Yea!! Then we went to find Dr. McKee who is one of the attendings in the Ortho Dept that specializes in hands. She had told Blake this morning that she would be happy to look at it. On the way to her office we ran into a lot of Blake's co-workers. Blake would say, "Hey, want to see a really good smashed finger." Mylee has been complaining of it hurting and this morning I was particularly worried about it. It was very swollen and red. When we got to Dr. McKee's office she recommended that her finger nail be taken off to relieve the pressure and pain. She said that she doesn't usually take the nail off of kids, but hers was bad enough that it was in Mylee's best interest that it be done.
Faustin Stevens was one of Blake's co-workers we ran into. He is one of the chiefs and our good friend. He offered to do the procedure so Blake wouldn't be the bad guy and Mylee would respond better to someone other then her dad--not to mention that he wasn't feeling great. So we walked back down to the ER Ortho room and Blake got the room prepped and the items needed to take off her nail. I sat and held Mylee on my lap while Faustin did the procedure--don't worry he numbed it. Blake handed him tools he needed and helped me comfort Mylee. She cried the whole time, which was expected. Lanaea cried during the whole procedure too. I think she was upset that Mylee was so upset. It was quite traumatic. Blake went and got her a Popsicle after it was all done. I asked her to give me a happy face and this was the best she could do.
6 comments:
Mylee, I'm so sorry you got hurt. You're so lucky to have a Daddy that could take care of you! I love you so much!!!
Poor thing! What a little trooper!
Aww, poor Mylee! I love the red lips from that popsicle at the end!
Awww. Sweet, brave Mylee! I'm so proud of you, Mylee! You don't know it yet, but you are SOO lucky to have your daddy able to hook you up with the best care around! :) Do you need me to send you some blue nail polish to have all your other fingers match that one now?! That might make it feel better. :)
Poor Baby!! That makes me cringe!
Oh Poor Mylee! Those small digit owies hurt so bad. I hope that her pain is less now that the nail has been removed.
Post a Comment