Sunday, October 24, 2010

Kelsey's Talk at Church

Kelsey gave a talk at church today. The drew all the pictures herself and colored almost all of them. I had to help her with a couple so we could finish in time. She did an awesome job!! We had talked about what she was going to say and then I had typed it out and glued it to the back of each picture. I was SHOCKED when she was reading them herself during our practice sessions!! there were some words she needed help with, but for the most part she was reading them! These pictures aren't some of her best art, she drew all of these during a Saturday afternoon. She'll usually take hours on one picture and will add eye lashes, lush lips and the whole deal.



The Mission of the Church is to bring people unto Christ.



These are some things we do at church to help us remember Christ. We take the sacrament. The bread represents Jesus' body. The water represents Jesus' blood.


We go to our primary classes where we learn about Jesus. Sister Higby and Sister Wright teach me about Jesus.


The Prophet President Monson tells us what Jesus wants us to hear and learn. I love President Monson.


Our Church sends out missionaries to teach people about Jesus. They teach from the Book of Mormon and the Bible. Both teach us about Jesus.


In primary we sing songs that help us think and learn about Jesus. My favorite primary song is "I Love to See the Temple".


In church we are taught to Choose the Right so we can be like Jesus.


In church we are also taught to Love One Another so we can be like Jesus.







In church we are taught to be grateful for what we are given. I gave a thank you note to Sister Bentley to thank her for giving us carrots from her garden.


In church we are taught to serve one another. This girl is giving flowers to someone in need. I love Jesus, he makes me happy. I'm trying to be like Him.

4 comments:

Monica said...

AWESOME talk and pictures. I love that you "helped" her do this. She is QUITE the artist. BTW, it looks like Pres Monson and the missionary are dancers with their toes pointed and all:) Made us smile pretty big!

Polly said...

Kelsey you continue to amaze me!!! Awesome talk - I loved the pictures! Your art is amazing!

miquelle and cody said...

What a great talk! I am impressed! Way to go Kels!

Diana said...

Kelsey's talk was so great! I love her pictures and I love that you scanned them and put it on your blog! Isn't family history so easy these days! I miss you and I am so happy to look at your family. Your girls are sooo beautiful! I love all of the pic's my favorite is of Kelsey looking back at the camera. BEAUTIFUL!!!