Monday, October 4, 2010

My 28th Birthday

My birthday was WONDERFUL this year!! A few weeks ago I literally forgot how old I was turning. I knew I was turning 27 or 28 but couldn't remember exactly. After doing the math though I couldn't believe how OLD I was getting!! Okay, so I know it is not that old. I feel completely content where I am at in my life. There is nothing that I would change. I have a loving husband that honors his priesthood and loves me. I have three BEAUTIFUL daughters that bring me more joy then words can express. I'm able to stay at home and nurture my children. There is nothing more that I could need or want--my family means EVERYTHING to me.
We started my birthday celebration a little early on Saturday and went out to eat at Dennys for breakfast. General Conference doesn't start until 11 A.M for us so we made it an outing. Mylee and I received coupons for a free grandslam for our birthdays. I bought them chocolate milk though because I felt bad not paying anything (well expect for a tip), and the girls LOVE chocolate milk. It was a fun morning. And conference was WONDERFUL as always!! I love how conference is always around my birthday. I had prepared conference workbooks for the girls to work on and utilized the free games on scriptures4kids.com which Kelsey loved!!
On Monday sweet Kathy Cammack--whom I've told you about before (serve with her in YW's and she's like another grandmother to my girls)--came and took Mylee for the day. Then Marti Wallace (serve with her in YW's too, used to be my YW leader as a Beehive!) treated me to a pedicure and manicure and took Lanaea while I went to get that done. It was SOOO wonderful!! While I was gone getting my toes and nails done, Marti baked and frosted me a birthday cake!! That same day I also got a stellar deal on cereal at Walgreens--.20 a box for Frosted Mini Wheats and Raisin Bran--my two favorites!!! I emptied what they had on the shelf! When I returned home I picked up Kelsey from school, then Kathy brought Mylee home shortly after with a whole Lasagna in hand for us to have for dinner!!! Wha-hoo!! So I didn't have to make dinner. The girls adorned my birthday cake with some candy I had left over from Mylee's cake and we sang happy birthday later. Blake treated me to a shopping spree at Academy (sports store) so I could get some new workout clothes that I had been needing/wanting.

It was a WONDERFUL day!!

4 comments:

Logan and Tanya said...

And so deserved! What great examples of dear friends...little things really go so far, huh?

Monica said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Cami Dear! You sure got ROYAL treatment for your birthday...but you deserve it! Oh, the forgetting how old you are only gets worse. I never could understand why people can't remember how old they are, but now I do. I quoted the wrong age and didn't know it for a few days, even after the girl questioned me because we were supposed to be the same age.

Michelle said...

Cami...you deserve every moment of pampering you might get...LOVE it!!

miquelle and cody said...

So glad you had such a great day! It's so great to have good friends when our husbands are so busy!