On Saturday Mylee was invited to a birthday party at the Science Spetrum. Normally I'm not one to support birthday parties on the weekend, but Blake was working and our pass to the Science Spectrum expires in a couple of days so I figured we would go. We had a good time. Kelsey ended up joining the party and had a great time. I did my best to keep track of Lanaea--she's fast and easy to loose!!

Later that night Blake was home from work and we invited a family over to watch the BYU game with us. It was nice having a family over--we don't do that enough! With Blake's schedule it's hard to coordinate parties at our house. The game wasn't too exciting, but at least we won!
Sunday was an adventure in itself. Blake was working, so I was on my own today. I had to take Lanaea out during the sacrament meeting, which right before I did, my cell phone timer reminding me that Blake was on call went off right during the prayer!!! I need to get rid of those timers, trust me, I DON'T forget when he is on call, especially on Sundays!! Thankfully one of my friends went and sat by the older girls and they behaved just fine.
After dropping the girls off at their classes I went to the library to make some copies of flyers for our upcoming ward party. As I was copying and cutting them, I heard Lanaea screaming in nursery. She NEVER does this, so I went in there and got her and just brought her back to the library with me. She found a stapler and I thought she couldn't do much damage to that. Just when I thought everything was fine and dandy I turned around and she was dumping GLITTER, yes GLITTER all over the library floor!! I went in panic mode and dumped her off at the nursery again--she started screaming again. I found a friend and we sneaked a vacuum out of the maintenance closet and hurried it down to the library. We shut the door and got the mess cleaned up--it looked better then ever!! Phew!!! Lanaea spent the rest of church with me. Who knows what set her off in nursery today.
The rest of the day went pretty well. I even found the energy to make a cinnamon coffee cake--no it doesn't contain coffee, Kelsey was very concerned about this when she read the recipe. The girls enjoyed watching it cook in the oven. The BEST part of the day though was this evening during scripture study. I just started reading with Kelsey in the "real" scriptures instead of the children's scripture reader for scripture study. Today she read the testimony of the 3 witnesses. When she finished reading she said--with no cues or anything, "Mom, I feel really good inside!" She really meant it too. It was a tender sweet moment and something I needed to hear as a Mother today. I love you Kelsey and I hope you always remember just how important the scriptures are.
3 comments:
Hang in there, Cami! You are one amazing Mamma! :) So grateful for the sweet tender mercies that come through the mouth of babes. That is something sweet Kelsey will never forget because you are doing your job so well!
Sunday's without dad's are so hard! Remember you are not alone.
That is so sweet with Kelsey and the scriptures. Addi May is LOVING to read the scriptures...when we get done with the few verses that we read together, she always wants to keep going. I love it! They are at such a great age!
I love this post...just knowing what's going on and hearing your sweet day to day life. Ahhhh, I miss you guys!!! Are you safe from all these fires? What about where you're headed, in Ft. Worth?
Post a Comment