Sunday, January 15, 2012

Guess Who's 2!!

 My sweet little baby isn't so much of a baby anymore. Yep she turned 2 on January 3rd! It's been a wonderful two years and she has continued to live up to her name Lanaea JOY! She is our little comedian and continually finds ways to make every member in her family feel special and important. For example, every day when Blake gets home from work she is the first one at the door with a loud and excited, "DADDY!!!" ready to give him a big tight squeeze and even a kiss at times. In a more subdued manner, she greets me like this in the morning when she wakes up.
 Lanaea is also very independent and like I have said before, a little dare devil. When we go to the park I almost have to be extra cautious of her just to show the other mom's I'm being responsible because she's so crazy. She gets that from her dad!! Her favorite or at least her most used word is "LOOK!" She's always anxious to show and share with us new things. Lanaea also loves movies. Though not always, she can sit through a whole movie with her sisters and be completely entertained. We watched "Mr. Popper's Penguins" a few nights ago and she was cracking up!! We got a kick out of it. The movie definitely would not have been as entertaining without her company.

I kept asking her to pose for a picture and for some reason she kept turning backwards. I guess she knew that she would want those beautiful blonde curly locks documents forever!! Nearly everywhere I go I get stopped by people commenting on her hair and asking me if it is natural--IT IS! If only she would keep rubber bands and bows in longer then a few hours.


Yellow cake with whipped cream and strawberries, YUMM!!

Lanaea and her new doll stroller. I don't know if it is more of a hit with Lanaea or Mylee though, this could get interesting!!

2 comments:

miquelle and cody said...

What a cutie! I can't believe she is 2. It looks like you have been having some fun in Fort Worth. I hope you are feeling better!

Monica said...

Thanks for all the updates...we keep looking to see how you're doing. Happy birthday, Lanaea. It sounds like you had a great Christmas. Congrats on #4!