Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sweet Experience

Two weeks ago we visited Blake's cousin Kendell and his wife Emma and their 3 boys in Flower Mound, Texas--about an hour's drive. They had just had a sweet baby girl the day before--Gracie Belle, but due to many complications they didn't expect the baby to live much beyond her birth. Blake and I were able to see their precious and perfect little girl after she had reached her 24 hour birthday. By looking at the baby's face you would never know that anything was wrong with her. She was BEAUTIFUL!! After a short visit at the hospital we went to Kendell and Emma's home where Delwyn (Uncle), Shelly (Aunt), Tyler, Spencer, Caitlyn and Josh--(cousins) were. We had a wonderful visit and our girls loved playing with Kendell's 3 boys. Later that night about 6 PM or so we got a call from Emma's parent's saying the baby had flat-lined a couple of times and it seemed that Gracie's time was coming. Blake and I stayed at Kendell's home to watch the boys so everyone could go to the hospital. A few came back around 9:30PM to get some dinner. They had some chicken in the crockpot and Blake and I had made some rice. A couple of the siblings stayed at home with the boys stayed while the rest went back to the hospital. Blake and I left for home shortly after. The next day we heard word their sweet Gracie Belle had passed that evening at 3 AM. It was a sweet teaching experience this morning to teach our girls about death and that the sweet baby they met yesterday went to heaven today.

I have been so touched by Kendell and Emma's whole experience and have gained a stronger testimony of our Heavenly Father's plan for us and how special life is. Life is a beautiful thing and it's been a humbling experience to see this couple go through the experience of having their daughter die. Emma has kept a blog detailing their whole experience. It's been very inspiring and uplifting to me, bue to the sensitive nature of feelings and experiences expressed there I want to maintain their privacy and not share the link.

No comments: