June has been a really busy month. We've been busy with baby preparations, swim lessons, gymnastics, soccer, residency graduation for the outgoing residents, and Blake's triathalon that was held yesterday at a near-by lake. A sweet friend of mine threw a baby shower for me. It was such a fun event and there was a good turn-out. My friend had worked so hard to make it special and nice. She had prepared all the food by herself and there was A LOT of it!! I couldn't believe all of her efforts. I mostly got boy clothes which is exactly what I needed. There were a couple of sizes I needed so I exchanged some clothes for different sizes. Our little boy is all ready to go now--I can't wait to meet him.
We signed Kelsey and Mylee up for swim lessons this year through Texas Tech University. Kelsey improved significantly--from not swimming at at to swimming all by herself!! Swim was every day for 2 weeks and my girls looked forward to it every day. I couldn't say that I did with a 9 month belly and 2 year-old in tow, but we survivied and it was a good experience.
Mylee loved her class and her teacher was so cute with the kids. I realized I should have signed her up for the class above her because there were kids still in swim diapers in her class!!! What?! She enjoyed it though and it was a good first experience at swim lessons.
Kelsey swimming with her teacher.
Kelsey jumping off the diving board.
My little side-kick at the pool. She learned during the two weeks to be content her these lounge chairs--hallelujah!!
Mylee and her class going on an adverture
Every year the Orthopaedic Department hold events surrounding graduation. On Friday the 3rd, 4th, and outgoing residents present research they have been working on throughout the year. Blake did a good job at presenting his. That evening the department holds a nice formal dinner along with a program honoring the outgoing residents. They present awards, share words of wisdom, etc. The dinner was delicious!! I look foward to this event every year--it's not every day I get treated to such a menu!! The next morning they have a golf tornament at a nice country club in town. That is followed by a family picnic at an attending's house. My girls look forward to swimming in their pool every year. It helped that we had just finished swim lessons too.
Lanaea would paddle around the pool like the picture above. It was so cute! She is the least afraid of the water of all my girls. She is fear-less like her daddy.
Yesterday, Blake competed in a triathalon for the sprint distance--500 meter swim, 17 mile bike ride, 5K run. He was dissapointed he hadn't had more time to train--he only swam once!! But he did awesome and it was so fun to go as a family and support Blake in an activity that promotes a healthy lifestyle. We arrived extra early to see the kids' race. Kelsey got excited about the possibility of doing it next year. It's always fun to feel the energy and excitement at events like these. I think it's good expose our girls to events like these to help encourage them to have a healthy lifestyle. I would like to compete next year.
This is what it looked like at the start of the swim.
Blake transitioning from the swim to bike.
While Blake was racing Kelsey and Mylee played in the lake. It was a great sandy beach!
Lanaea hung out with me in the shade and waited for daddy at the different transitions.
Blake at the finish line!
















1 comment:
You go, Super Mom! I'm completely impressed with all you are still doing, 9 months along! :) And way to go, Blake! You made that look so easy! :)
Post a Comment