Sunday, June 24, 2012

March 2012

March was a big transition month for us. We had just finished living in Fort Worth for 4 months and had just made our annual winter/ski trip to Utah. The day after we got back from our vacation, Kelsey started up school again. Luckily she was able to get back in her same class. I was a little worried about how things would go after being out of the public school system, but she did awesome!!! It was as though she never left school. I enjoyed the daily schedule that it provided us; however, I missed having Kelsey at home. It was a transition for Mylee especially to not have her home to play with. Throughout the month I worked on creating some normalcy back into our life and enjoyed being back in my own home. It was so nice to see friends we hadn't seen in months and so wonderful to be able to do laundry in my own home!!  
 While we were living in Fort Worth they finished the children's museum in Lubbock. They did a really good job and my girls' loved it.
 They had a cute news station where the kids could speak in a microphone and report the news. Both Mylee and Lanaea got a kick out of this exhibit. Lanaea especially liked hearing her voice echo through the room.
 They also had a place for the kids to play like they were veternarians. Mylee LOVED this one, which actually is really ironic because this has this debilitating fear--seriously!!-- of dogs. She'll see one from our window and have hysteria. Blake and I have talked about getting a dog partly to help her get over this fear.
They also had this really neat water station that all the girls enjoyed.
 Both Lanaea and Mylee had their well checks. Mylee was way late for her check-up (this was March and her birthday was in September--Fort Worth put us behind). They both got shots and did awesome. Poor sweet Mylee got 5 shots!! I loved how they looked in their hospital gowns. Lanaea didn't want to take it off.

No comments: