As the years have gone by and as we have had more kids, I've become more simplistic in everything I do, holidays included. I've learned that the kids really don't know any difference about the amount of effort, time and money I put into things as long as I at least do something. Blake has been a good coach in helping me realize this which has been good because simplicity is very un-Cami like. Granted there are times, I give in and go all out...did you read my April 2014 General Conference post?...but for the most part I try to remember simplicity makes for a more enjoyable, relaxing and, dare I say, cheaper event.
To further exemplify this point, tonight for FHE, there were no elaborate preparations like getting Easter eggs and filling them with symbols of Christ's last week in his life, no week long activities that mimicked the last days of the Savior's life; nope, we watched a couple of movies online about Jesus's Resurrection on the Mormon Channel and Blake and I talked to our kids about Christ and how important He is to each of us and the implications of what it means that He is resurrected and LIVES!. It was simple, spiritual, and meaningful. This isn't to say that doing the before-mentioned things aren't great, because they are!!! Like I said there are times to make an effort to go big if I feel it's in my family's best interest.
The Easter Bunny visited us on Saturday evening. The kids enjoyed a little easter egg hunt in the front yard then a large basket with little goodies in it from the dollar store including an inflatable sword, pail and shovel, sidewalk chalk, squirt guns, jump ropes, a hula hoop, and some candy. The kids were happy and excited.
Today we enjoyed a beautiful meeting at church. I had fun getting my girls prettied up for the occasion as did they :). For dinner we had curry and I had a dessert with yogurt, cool whip, raspberries, and a package of vanilla pudding. It was a hit. I am so thankful for my Savior! I Love Him and it's because of Him that I get my family forever.




2 comments:
So fun to read your updates! Love the picture of the kids in front of the temple. They are all getting so grown up.
Love this perspective, Cami! Amen to everything you said about "a time for simple, and a time to go all out," A lesson for all of us to learn and live by! Your children are growing up so much, and are beautiful! Hugs!
Post a Comment