Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sunday Naps


On Sunday Blake and I were particularly tired and wanted to take a nap. We are used to a 9:00 P.M. bedtime, but had stayed up late the night before to watch a movie. Mylee was cooperative, but Kelsey was convinced she was not tired. Her new saying lately is , "But mom, I woke up last morning." It's her way of telling us she is not tired. Blake claimed the lazy chair and I took the couch and we tried to relax with a three year-old running loose in our house--dangerous!

After hearing the fridge open too many times and chairs moving in the kitchen, I made the rule that she had to stay in the livingroom and read books or play with her toys were I could see her. This still was not flying with Blake, so he told her to go upstairs and lay down in her pink bed. She resisted this for a while and continued to play and I fell asleep. A huge no, no when you have a 3-year-old loose! After laying down for I don't know how long, maybe 30 minutes or so, I woke up in a panic because Kelsey was no where to be found. I went up stairs and found her in her bed in her jammy dress that she had pulled out of the laundry sleeping. My heart just melted. She was trying so hard to be obedient.


After letting her sleep for a while I went and got her out of bed so she would go to sleep that night and had her lay with her daddy on the lazy chair. Notice how her night gown is inside out :)

1 comment:

Nicole Goeckeritz said...

That is so cute. Nothing better than sleeping kids! Husband included in that kids remark...