This was a Christmas I will never forget. First of all I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to those who made our holiday brighter. It's been a long time since I have felt such an out-pouring of love from others. Elder Holland in his talk this last conference said:
"My beloved brothers and sisters, I testify of angels, both the heavenly and the mortal kind. In doing so I am testifying that God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face. “[N]or will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man [or woman or child] upon the face thereof to be saved.”...And always there are those angels who come and go all around us, seen and unseen, known and unknown, mortal and immortal."
I have felt the present of angels both mortal and immortal and I thank those who may be reading this blog that were my family's angels this year. Blake and I were humbled and grateful for your service and kindness. We felt buoyed up, supported, and loved. Thank you!!!
From that note, as you may have guessed, Christmas was very special this year. Definitely different because it was the first year we celebrated Christmas without our extended family. But it was nice. Christmas morning began with the opening of presents then we had breakfast. I made the traditional sticky buns and breakfast casserole with fresh fruit. I always looked forward to this breakfast growing up. Thankfully it was as delicious as my mother's.






4 comments:
This is fun, Cami, to catch up with what your family has been doing! I would love to see a recipe for you traditional breakfast casserole. And the sticky buns, too! They look fantastic.
Glad Christmas turned out so nice for your family! We missed seeing you...
Wow Cami You have such nice furniture and dishes! And that breakfast looks absolutely delicious! I need the recipe for those "sticky buns!" and the "breakfast casserole!" I am a horrible chef, but would love to try anyway! My husband does most of the cookin!:)
Wow Cami You have such nice furniture and dishes! And that breakfast looks absolutely delicious! I need the recipe for those "sticky buns!" and the "breakfast casserole!" I am a horrible chef, but would love to try anyway! My husband does most of the cookin!:)
Post a Comment