Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Enjoying the Holidays!


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Wednesday night we had a pie night with just a couple of friends. I made 7 pies!! We had to have a variety and Blake had to have his kind and I couldn't go without my key lime and lemon meringue. We had a tradtional apple pie, pumpkin. an apple pecan crumb, two kinds of chocolate and then the other two I already mentioned. We had a wonderful time and it was fun celebrating a tradition with others.

Thursday Blake had to work so some friends had invited me and the girls over for Thanksgiving dinner at their house. Some nice doctors at the hospital decided to let Blake come home early though so he could spend Thanksgiving with his family. We were very thankful for that. We had a wonderful time at our friends and our kids loved playing with each other.

We didn't do any shopping this year on Friday, we just enjoyed a peaceful day together as a family and decorated for Christmas. The girls got a kick out of that! The above picture is Kelsey and Mylee in their fall dresses. My mom made them for my sister's wedding a few years back. Mylee is wearing the dress that was made for Kelsey and Kelsey is wearing the dress my little sister grew out of. It's nice to get hand-me-downs. Thanks Mom!!! We don't know what we would do without them!!

We also started a new tradition that we will do all of December. For family night we learned about Jesus's birth and about the Nativity. The I prepared a little manger (a clementines crate) for a doll that we are now calling baby Jesus to lay on. The only problem is that Jesus has no hay to lay in. So every time we do something good, (obey Mom, clean room, be nice to sister, etc.) we get to put some hay in Jesus's manger. When we are able to put some hay in Jesus's manger is it like giving Jesus presents for his birthday. The hope is that Jesus will have lots of hay to lay in by Christmas. We'll keep you posted on our progress. We also have another fun tradition starting this weekend, I'll keep you posted on that one!


Here is a picture of all of our pies. Including the mini pies Kelsey helped make! I have to mention also that she was quite the hostess. She told everyone that we had made pies just for them and before they left she made it a point to tell them I had plates for them to take some pie home. I had also set up an activity table with some things to color for the kids and she made sure they knew about that. She was so cute and so much fun. She is growing up so much!


Here are some pictures of us playing out in the snow. It has since melted, but we sure enjoyed it while it lasted!


These pictures of Mylee crack me up!! She could barely walk!


HELP, I've fallen and I can't get up!!


This past Sunday, I dressed my girls up in pretty Christmas dresses!! My sister-in-law Tanya gave the one Mylee is wearing to Kelsey when she was a baby and Kelsey is wearing the dress my sister wore to my wedding. Sort of fun to think where we have come in five years. I could have never guessed I'd be living in Vermont with the most beautiful girls in the world!!

Blake wasn't too impressed with my photo shoot of Kelsey. Remember the panties? Well, I decided to do another shoot of her. These pictures turned out really cute!! I'm really pleased with them. And oh, Blake approves :)

7 comments:

Amber said...

You are so ambitious! Seven pies?! Those pictures of your girls sure are cute. They're getting so big!

Logan and Tanya said...

I honestly loved the panties hanging out in the original picture of Kelsey...afterall, isn't that the way dance clothes always seem to fit little girls?! ;) Details!
Cami, I really loved this post. The "full circle" moments with the dresses, the BEAUTIFUL pies, fun memories as a family, great FHE lessons, etc! I'm beyond impressed! Thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

Glad your Thanksgiving turned out so fun. Especially that Blake could be there with you all. Your pies are gorgeous an look so yummy.
I have to confess, my favorite picture in the whole post is of Mylee standing in her snowsuit! So cute.

miquelle and cody said...

I am sad we missed pie night, your pies are the BEST!

Nicole Goeckeritz said...

Hey Cami, those pics of Mylee in the winter stuff are so funny! I love them. You are so creative with the manger idea. I truly think you are the best mother I know. I miss and love you. Thanksgiving was lonely without you. Tell my girls hi from me and Ammy. He still asks if Kelsey will be at Grandmas....

Monica said...

Oh, Cami...when I have kids that are old enough (or at least one that is old enough), remind me of your awesome tradition with the manger and baby Jesus. I want to do that! You are Blake are GREAT parents! I hope I grow up to be just like you! We love you guys and miss you!

Megan Parkes said...

Oh I just miss you guys so much! I LOVE those dresses! It makes it even better that they were for MY wedding! Oh I'm so glad i chose that color! No one else was though! haha, i love how Mom refused to wear it, so she wore Champagne, which i'm actually glad about. Looked great! Mylee looks so amazing in the snow suit pics! So funny! I especially love her facial expressions. She looks ticked! :) Funny Girl! Love you guys!