Yesterday Blake had his 28th birthday!! I sort of ruined it though, don't worry--I'm making it up to him today. I went to the grocery store to get him a cake because that is what he requested. Hey, I couldn't complain, less work for me. I also had visions of making him a nice meal. I picked out slices of cake (you can do that at the bakery) for him to try a variety of different cakes. I thought I was being so clever and was excited to see the smile on his face. Well when we got to the check out and after everything was totaled. I reached in my purse to pay and what do you know, I FORGOT my wallet! I had updated the budget earlier and had left it on the desk. Sadly, we left the store empty handed :( and I didn't make it back to the store before he got home. So we ended up having a regular meal, but we still sang happy birthday and he got to blow out some candles on top of ice cream.
Today however, I didn't forget my wallet and I got the cakes he wanted! And I have chicken cordon blue, rolls, chef salad, and funeral potatoes planned for dinner. I think this will redeem me. Me and the girls love Blake!! Here are SOME of the reasons why:
He is extremely wise and teaches us things. (He's teaching Kelsey to play her game)
He does activities with us.
He snuggles with us. Mylee's personal favorite (she LOVES to snuggle with Dad!)
He's adventurous
He's well-rounded and accomplished in many areas.We love you Blake and Happy Birthday!!
Love, your girls :)


3 comments:
Yes, Happy Birthday Blake! Thanks for sharing your funny story Cami -- that'll be a good one to tell later:) This was a great post -- I especially loved the picture of Blake and Mylee. You're a great Dad for little girls, Blake!
Happy Birthday 2 days in a row, Blake! Nothing's wrong with stretching it out a bit...and I'd have to say I love a store bought cake, too!
Well, I still haven't gotten around to calling Blake for his Birthday, so I hope you're still at least eating left overs!:) Happy Birthday, Little Bro! Cami, I really wish I could have eaten his birthday dinner with you guys...those are all YUMMY foods to me!
Post a Comment