After we found out we matched in Texas, we booked a plane ticket for me so I could down to do some house hunting. Blake stayed home with the girls and my friends were extremely generous to help out while Blake finishes his last course of medical school. Today he is taking his last test of Medical school and he is done!!
I am extremely fortunate because my former young woman leader and friend (Marti) lives in Lubbock, Texas--I had just found this out a little over a month ago. She and her family have welcomed me with open arms into their home and has made me feel so welcome. After my all day trip to get here--I woke up at 5:30 A.M., drove 3 hours drive to the Manchester, NH airport where my sister-in-law dropped me off. Then I flew to Philadelphia, Dallas, and then Lubbock arriving there at 10:30 their time, 11:30 Eastern time. It wasn't too bad though. It's amazing how much easier it is to fly when you aren't packing around kids. I enjoyed myself and read half of my book. When I arrived in Lubbock, Marti and her husband Russ took me by the temple.
The next day Marti and her daugther Karli, who was one of my laurels when I was Laurel Class President, when house hunting with my Realtor Liz. We saw 23 homes in one day!!! We started at 10 and ended at 7 P.M. But the trip was successful! I found two homes that I absolutely love and we made an offer on one yesterday. So far we have countered twice and I am at the current moment waiting to here back from my realtor to see if they accepted. This home is 5 minutes from the hosiptal, in a wonderful newly developed neighborhood, and within walking distance to the elementary school. To make things even better an LDS Opthamology resident lives next door with his wife and daughter of 17 months. She is also expecting in June. How random is that?? So we are hoping the seller will accept our offer.

This whole thing has been a lot more stressful then I expected! The house hunting was fun, but when it came to the paper work and the nitty-gritty work of buying a house, I was feeling the pressure especially without Blake being here with me. But we did our best. I would get Blake on speaker phone and we would discuss the terms of the contract and we would both ask questions.
As I was waiting to hear back from my realtor after we placed our offer, Marti, Russ, and Karli took me out for dinner at a yummy mexican resteraunt and then they showed me around town. We even went back to the house we put an offer on because Russ hadn't seen it. They also showed me a really nice part of town and then ran drove by the mission president's home. Marti wanted to stop by really quick to introduce me to them. So we went up to their door and it just happened that the whole mission presidency was there and they had just finished having a meeting. They invited us in and gave us ice cream and cookies and talked for about an hour. The only problem is that I forgot to bring in my phone and I didn't want to be rude and go out in get it. But Blake had it taken care of. He was bartering as I was having a nice little meeting. Which was probably better because I would have been stressing out. So we wait, we'll see what happens.
4 comments:
That is so exciting, the house looks great, I hope you get it!!!
The house is cute! I am so excited for you Cami!!!!! I am jealous you get to be next to some of the most wonderful people ever. My grandma and Marti used to be really good friends and I love karli to death! It is so good to see that you have so many wonderful things coming your way!!
I'm so happy for you guys! I'm so glad that you had Marti and Russ there to help you. Good luck with everything!
Congratulations Cami! I am so happy for you and your family. I can't believe you went by yourself to buy a house! That is stressful! Your mom said you might want to stay with us on your trek to Texas. You are welcome here! Just let me know the dates.
Post a Comment