During some quite moments when Kelsey and Mylee were at friends' homes I snapped some pictures of Lanaea during her first week of life. Having a new baby always has its challenges, but thankfully I am glad to report that having 3 is not as demanding as I thought it would be. During the last few weeks of my pregnancy I remember thinking that I was perfectly okay with my sweet little girl staying in there for a little longer because I wasn't sure how I was going to handle the responsibility of taking care of three. As many of you know, Mylee is quite the handful and can't be left unsupervised without grave consequences. But Heavenly Father has strengthened me and has blessed me with a REALLY GOOD baby. She's practically perfect in every way. As far as Mylee's michievousness, she seems to be doing better.One night when we were all sitting in the living room together. Kelsey and Mylee were playing really sweet together and Blake was enjoying his family while sitting on the couch. I looked at each one of them and had this overwhelming feeling of COMPLETE JOY!! My whole body tingled and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. My heart was so full of love. I was overcome with the blessings of having a family and being a mother. Being a mother is not easy don't get me wrong there, but there is nothing else like it and nothing else that I would rather do with my life. As I have welcomed three precious children into this world I become more and more convinced of this. Being a mother is my calling and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for letting me fulfill it and entrusting me with his perfect children. It's in caring for them that I am learning to become more like Him.



3 comments:
Thanks for sharing your feelings of intense love for your little children and husband. I want to know that the way you feel about them is how I have always felt about you. A mother's love for her children is so deep and tender..hard to put words to - just remember that as you feel that way about your little ones, I also feel that way about you! Love you!
Such tender expressions, Cami! And beautiful pictures of beautiful girls. We love you and your family! Thank you for the updated posting.
Oh Cami, she is soooo gorgeous. As are all of your girls! Thank you for expressing your feelings on motherhood here...it means a lot for me to hear your sweet perspective.
Post a Comment