Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mylee's 3rd Birthday Party

On September 27, we celebrated Mylee's 3rd birthday. From 10:30 until 3 PM a sweet lady I serve with in Young Women's took Mylee out for the day. Mylee just LOVES her!! She has been like my mom here and has been like a grandmother to my girls. While Mylee was gone, I worked on her cake and other details involving her party. What I thought would take a couple of hours, ended up taking me the whole day!!I really wanted the make the day special for her though, so all the time and effort was worth it. I made her a crown birthday cake out of sugar cookies. It was a BIG hit and one of the best cakes I have made. Kelsey has already requested that she have the same cake for her birthday. When Mylee saw her cake she said, "Oh Wow!! My cake!!!" She immediately wanted to pick all the little candies off of it and eat the frosting. For dinner I made her favorite, homemade macaroni and cheese. I ended up scorching it a little bit, but hoped my family wouldn't notice. Guess who was the first to notice?! Blake, of course!! Mylee didn't notice though and that's all that matters.

A couple of days prior we all went to The Dollar Tree to pick out some birthday gifts. Kelsey helped pick out some things for Mylee and Mylee picked out something for Kelsey. Kelsey and I picked out some playdoh, bubbles, toy binoculars, fairy wings, and sidewalk chalk. Mylee got Kelsey a Princess and the Frog puzzle. All the presents were a hit!! Sadly though, the binoculars are already broken and most of the playdoh is all mixed together--Oh well. When singing happy birthday, Mylee sang along with us and when we said her name she would say, "TO ME!!". When we finished singing she wanted to sing again, so we lit the candles again and sang again. I love how animated she is. Mylee received birthday cards from many of you. She LOVED them and was so excited to find letters for her in the mail. Thank you for thinking of my little princess.

We were able to use the money many of you sent her to go towards her new snow white bike. We brought this present out very last and she almost couldn't contain her excitement!! She immediately got on it and started to ride it. As she pushed on the pedals she exclaimed, "It works!!!" Blake and I let her ride on the tile for a few trial runs. The next day, I took her outside to help her practice. When the bike wouldn't move she would frustratingly say, "It's not working!" As I helped push her along, it was so fun to hear her giggle with delight.

It's been fun to see a different side of Mylee these last couple of weeks with Kelsey in school. She's much mellower without Kelsey around. I've enjoyed some one-on-one Mylee time. She is such a sweet little girl and I can't imagine my life without her. She completes our family. We LOVE you Mylee!!!

7 comments:

Monica said...

LOVE the cake. Did you have special cookie cutters or what? Oh, it is SO cute and creative. Happy Happy Birthday Mylee, Dear! We love you and are so excited you have a new bike!

miquelle and cody said...

That cake is great...I may have to try it next year! These little girls are growing up so fast! It is funny that you mentioned that Mylee is pleasant to be around with Kelsey at school, I feel the exact same way with Macie!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday to Mylee! She is starting to look so grown up and I can definitely see how she is looking more likey Kelsey. That cake is sooo cute! I would love to know how you did that. I'm sure it made her so happy.

Diana said...

Happy birthday Mylee! Love the cake Cami! Mylee looks so cute! I love the big bows in her hair! And my goodness she has so much hair! What a beauty!

Logan and Tanya said...

Cami...I'm giggling out loud right now! Dacia would DIE laughing if she saw that DARLING cake you just did. She & I attempted to make that one for Janessa when I was in the hospital. BAD IDEA!! We still laugh about that one! So glad to see it turned out sooo cute for you! Happy birthday, Mylee!

Erin said...

Great job on the cake! So cute. I can't believe how big the girls are getting and their long hair.

Sam and Carmin said...

That cake is to die for! Great job, Cami! It sounds like Mylee had a great celebration--