We went home to Utah for Christmas this year. We left on the 23rd from Lubbock, stayed at my Grandma Jean's and Grandpa Lavoy's house that evening then left Christmas Eve morning making it to Mapleton around 4PM. We didn't have any problems or hic-ups other than having to wait an hour and a half in Monticello because highway patrol was cleaning up a wreck and had closed the canyon until it was cleared. When we arrived in Mapleton we were pretty tired, but SO excited be at the Clifton residence to celebrate Christmas. Blake's Mom Joyce had prepared lots of yummy munchies--per Blake's request--to eat through the night, and we did just that.
We had a special nativity program. I'm not sure what our kids heard from what was read, but I'm hoping they were able to at least get something out of the program by dressing up like the characters we were talking about.
After our nativity program Joyce pulled out some muscial chimes to play some Christmas carols. Kelsey had it down, but the 3 year-olds struggled--Mylee and her cousin Heidi. It actually became quite humerous!! I really enjoyed learning about and participating in some of the traditions Blake did as a child.
After we had finished our planned activities, I gave the girls the pajamas I had sewed for them this year. I'm so happy with the way they turned out and my heart filled with pride when I saw them all together wearing my creations. However, I should note that I've already told myself that I'm buying them pajamas next year. If I wasn't cleaning, cooking, taking care of a child, doing laundry, or running errands, I was SEWING!! They were very time consuming and I lost way to much sleep over making them. The time and effort it took though this year was worth it!! Our girls went to bed very excitedly, wondering what Santa was going to bring them in the morning. Us adults talked for a while and I finished up wrapping some presents and got my breakfast casserole and sticky buns prepared to eat for the next morning then went to bed shortly after. I couldn't wait to see my girls open their presents in the morning!!
No comments:
Post a Comment