For our 7th anniversary we dropped our kids off at my mom's house and went to Salt Lake to do a session in the Salt Lake Temple and go out to eat somewhere nice. The temple was wonderful as always. The Salt Lake Temple is special and near to my heart because it's where Blake and I were married for time and eternity and because it took 40 years to build, requiring a lot of faith and sacrifice from earlier faithful latter-day saints. The inside is so beautiful and the workmanship is so detailed and intricate. I remember walking through that temple for the first time the day I got married and remember feeling as though I was walking through the corridors of heaven! It was fun to see other couples that were getting married that same day. It brought back so many memories.It's hard to believe that Blake and I have been married for 7 years. Time has gone by fast and we love each other even more then we did on the day we got married. Looking back through the 7 years we've been married, we've been through a lot and grown closer together because of it.
While in Salt Lake, Blake and I were hoping to eat at The Roof on the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, but it didn't open until later so we ate next door at The Garden. The food was yummy. I got a chicken croissant sandwich and Blake got a burrito. From where we were sitting we could see all of temple square, it was beautiful. After we were finished eating, we killed time for a while by walking around Salt Lake until my Dad met up with us with our 3 girls so we could show our girls Temple Square all lit up during the Christmas season. Kelsey was awe struck when she saw the temple!! It's much much larger then our temple in Lubbock. She couldn't believe that that was the temple she had seen in pictures.
The lights on temple square were as beautiful as ever. Our girls enjoyed it, but they didn't last long in the cold. After a short stroll we stopped by a local restaurant and got hot chocolate. It was a big hit!! We went to my Dad's house to join him for a couple of days and have Christmas with his side of the family.
No comments:
Post a Comment