Saturday, May 28, 2011

Food Drive 5 K

On May 28th, our stake hosted a 5 K run for the purpose of kicking off a food drive for the South Plains Food Bank. Blake was working so I showed with our girls and our double stroller with the intent to at least walk the 3 miles together. I actually did get to run some with Kelsey at the beginning but she got tired out after a while. It was really hot. We weren’t in the race to win though, we were there for a good cause and I wanted to model to my children a healthy and good activity. We all had a good time. After the 5K race I got Kelsey to run in the ½ mile race for the kids. I ran with her to help motivate her. She felt cool! After the race there were bagels and a variety of fruit. It was a fun and eventful morning.


No comments: