On May 20th, Kelsey’s school had their annual field day which they called “Buddy Fun Day”. Kelsey had all of her activities in the morning which unfortunately happened to be freezing that day!! I arrived at her activities a little late, but thought it might be a good idea to bring a change of clothes because a paper had mentioned the kids would get wet. When I arrived they had a jumper set up with a pool of water at the end. Kelsey and her little buddy had gone down and were soaked. Kelsey was freezing and shivering uncontrollably. I was a little upset that they would continue to have such an activity for these small children on such a cold day. I had Kelsey go into the bathroom and change into the clothes I had brought her and had her wear her jacket. Things went a lot better from then on. She went to a station where she had to keep a fire ball candy in her mouth and who ever kept it in the longest won—she won, but mostly because she didn’t realize she could spit it out—I had taught her good manners!! She also played a game where she had to a roll a tire, jump in a potato bag and get pulled on a little cart. It was a really fun day, just cold.
No comments:
Post a Comment