Sunday, January 22, 2012

Venturing Out

So I've been thinking a lot about how I share things on this blog. I've hesitated in the past to become too personal for fear of what others would think of me and I'm sensitive to maintaining the privacy my husband thrives on. Though I plan to keep things sensitive to my husband and family private, I've decided I am going to be more open to sharing my thoughts and feelings. There's something special that happens when someone comes out of their shell and shares their heart with you. It helps you feel connected and at least for me, it strengthens me. I realize I come off in this blog as though I have everything put together in my life, that my life is always peachy--though it's wonderful and I feel so blessed, I struggle like everyone and have my own challenges that I deal with on a daily basis. You might have already hinted in at this if you've noticed my sparatic blogging. I will go without months without blogging anything, then blog 10 posts or more. It's usually during those times that things are hard or I'm just busy. My hope in venturing out in this way is that I might touch someone else's heart and help them realize that it's okay to have bad days and that it's okay to make mistakes. I often find myself becoming completely overwhelmed when looking at all these craft/food/coupon/family blogs wondering how they do it all and why I'm not able to do the same. I'm sorry if reading my blog has done this for you. At this moment my kitchen sink is overflowing with dishes and there are still remains of breakfast at 6:30PM at night--this is not an unusual occurance for me. To be honest I'm sort of a basket case--my husband can attest to that one.

Okay now that I have that out, let's just say that our time here in Fort Worth has not been easy. I miss the comforts of my home and my friends. I never realized before how much I thrive off the interaction and friendship of others. I'm most happy when I am around others, whether that be serving or just interacting in seemingly in-consequential conversations. There's something special when you spend time and get to know someone else. Everyone has something to share and contribute and I gain strength through from other's examples and experiences. Since being here I have felt so isolated and alone. Our ward here has not been super friendly, minus one family that had us over for dinner. I've really come to realize how important it is to reach out and make newcomers feel welcome and loved. Being quite sick with this pregnancy hasn't helped our situation here any easier either. I'm happy to report though that I'm finally beginning to feel better and I'm finding the energy and desire again to enjoy my children and do things with them--did you notice my nearly 10+ new posts lately!! This week we even ventured outside of our small apartment and went to the library (yes we hadn't been in weeks!! and I had renewed our books from last time twice!), and we went to the Museum of Science and History, the National Cowgirl Museum and the Stockyards. Seriously this was a big feat for me and it did great things for my psyche even though I admit it's a lot of hard work truding along with three kiddos in tow! I did enjoy it though and so did my girls.

At the stockyards. The girls were so excited to meet a real cowboy and his horse!


A cute ride located in a corridor of authentic Texan foods and Texas gift shops. I can't wait to come back with Blake and get some Texas grub!


At the Museum of Science and History in their Children's Museum. It was a BIG his wiith my girls!




Oh if grocery shopping were still this fun!


Digging for dinosaur bones and other fossils at the Science Museum


Enjoying an interactive 3-D movie on the earth. The chairs moved and water splashed at us and everything. It was a HUGE hit with Kelsey, but the other two got scared and cried the whole time.


Riding a horse and catching cattle at the Science Museum
  I didn't get any pictures of the cowgirl museum because they didn't allow pictures, but the girls got to ride a horse there and see pictures of a bunch of tough cowgirls. Kelsey wants to ride horses like one one day.

5 comments:

Polly said...

You know honey you're doing a great job as a mother if at the end of the day your children's basic needs have been met and feel loved by you when you tuck them in. Dishes in the sink and laundry and so on will keep but loving your children won't. You're a GREAT mother and wife and a darling daughter. Everyone has a junk drawer I always tell myself. We are all more alike than we realize...which is comforting for me! I'm excited to have you share more about your daily joys and struggles! Love you! Mom

Emily said...

I agree with your mom's commment...we are all more alike that we realize. It seems as women we all have daily struggles and even sometimes moment to moment. Thanks for having the courage to share your feelings. I know it really helps me feel better knowing others are going through some of the craziness that I am! I am glad that some of your morning sickness is subsiding. Hope it continues to look up.

Sam and Carmin said...

Cami, I love this post--I hope you have fun being yourself on your blog. You're one of the most "real" people I know--Cami is good through and through. Your blog is already beautifully done. I understand the whole "avoid the blog when my mothering energy is low" thing. It's hard to blog happily when you're feeling drained. Thanks for sharing your beautiful life and sweet family with us!

Niki Carter said...

Cami! Come visit me!!! You are so close. It should only take four hours. You need to put the girls in your car and come out here and fast:) My kids would love it!

Logan and Tanya said...

Hugs Cami. This is exactly why others relate to you! Love you!