Sunday, October 11, 2009

Conference Weekend and a Birthday

Conference Reverence Tent
Conference weekend was wonderful as always. I look forward to conference like I do Christmas. I anticipate what counsel I will hear and I look forward to learning new ways that I can improve. I was touched by President Monson's talk when he shared all the precious things children around the world had done for others as a birthday present to him. I cried through the whole thing and had a greater appreciation for my calling as a mother because I get to witness these child-like acts every day in my home with my own children. Children truly are precious and perfect. Mine are a constant example to me of what I should be. I was also impacted by Elder Holland's talk on the Book of Mormon. This past summer our stake challenged us to read the Book of Mormon before school started. I took on the challenge and finished it. Let me tell you that that book has POWER! I have felt more energy and desire to take on the daily and often menial tasks of daily life and I have found the courage to do things that before I was too reluctant or lazy to do or try.


I am also lucky because conference weekend in October always happens around my birthday. This year my birthday was on Sunday. So I got to sit home and relax on the couch and listen to the words of the prophets and spend time with my family. It was a very nice day. Well okay, it was really nice until Mylee had an incident with her diaper that left me cleaning up my living room carpet and a trail through my kitchen--but hey, at least this time I was able to laugh about it and Blake was home to help me. Thank you to those who thought of me on my special day, I appreciate it! It's weird getting older. I was visiting teaching and one of the sisters I visit teach started college after I graduated and now she is a 3rd year student in medical school. That made me feel old! But hey, I'm 27 with a wonderful husband, 2 beautiful daughters, and another one on the way. Really I couldn't wish myself in any other circumstance at this age. Blake made me pancakes and would have made me a cake, but I wanted a homemade German Chocolate Cake, so I took on that task.

1 comment:

Emily said...

LOVE the reverence tent. And LOVE the cute faces inside.