Christmas was great this year. The girls were so much fun to watch while opening their presents! It made all the effort to make it special for them worth it! When reflecting upon Christmas this year, I can't help but pause and thank my Heavenly Father for the bounteous blessings He poured upon us this year. He truly carried our burdens and made them feel light. He uplifted us spirtually, took care of us temporally, and blessed us in so many other ways I can't list them all. Here are some pictures of the highlights on Christmas morning:
Kelsey got a new Hello Kitty backpack that she had been asking for a long time. She had been using a red and grey "boy" (that what Kelsey said it was) backpack I had gotten for free at Office Depot
Blake was sneaky and surprised me with a Cricut machine!!
Santa got Kelsey a bubblegum machine. When she opened it she said, "Oh...It's just what I wanted!!!"
Lanaea was content doing this (above) and this (below)
And the biggy--a letter from Santa telling the girls he left a trampoline at their house!
After we finished opening gifts, Blake started to prepare the prime rib for Christmas dinner--per his request again!! Blake loves prime rib and has become quite good at cooking it. Our dinner that evening was delicious, Blake's prime rib was a special treat! Blake's brothers Trent and Trevor were there with their families along with his two sisters Capri and Shayla and of course his parents. We really enjoyed visiting with them and I especially enjoyed watching my kids interact with their cousins.
We went to church with the Clifton's the next morning on Sunday then dropped our kids off at my mom's house on Monday so we could enjoy our 7th anniversary together in Salt Lake childless. More details of that day to come.
2 comments:
You guys look so great! We MISS you! So glad you had a good Christmas. I love the girls pj's!
So glad our paths finally crossed and that we got to spend some time with your family. Heidi can't wait for the next cousing playtime!!
Post a Comment