This summer we put Kelsey in cheerleading and she’s loving it!! I can’t believe how much she has improved too!! Her cartwheels were horrible before, but now they are PERFECT!! She can even do a backbend over on her own!! The other day she came home (we run a carpool) and she told me she could do a bridge from standing up, I didn’t believe she could really do it, then sure enough she did it perfectly. I was shocked, proud, and impressed!! It’s fun for me to see her grow this way. It reminds me of when I was a child. I would do gymnastics all day every day—maybe she will be the same. The other night she was crying because her head her so bad from falling on her head too much from practicing her backbends—poor thing. IB Profen did the trick.
My favorite cheer she has learned is: “We’re number 1, we’re not number 2, we’re gonna beat the whospie out of you.” Mylee does it with her, it so adorable. Her teacher also taught her a cheer that used a word we don’t say in our home (stupid). After class that day Kelsey and I talked and Kelsey decided that next time they did that cheer she would raise her hand and ask her teacher if they could use a different word like silly. A couple of classes later they did that cheer (I wasn’t there that day) and she did just want she told me she was going to do. My friend Kristy who took her to class that day, told me she did it as though it wasn’t hard to do at all. Kelsey knew it was wrong and wasn’t afraid to stand up for what was right. I was a PROUD Momma!!
No comments:
Post a Comment