I have a picture of me at about this same age doing the same thing in the dryer. Wish I had a copy of it to place it here. Kayden is such a fun, happy little boy. He LOVES to play peek-a-boo. It can pull him out of a bad mood or tantrum most of the time.


At bedtime Lanaea slammed Kayden's finger in her bedroom door by accident. She was going to bed and was trying to close her door before Kayden followed her in there. I didn't see it happen, so I'm not sure exactly where his finger was when it got slammed, but it was about as bad as you can get for slammed fingers, minus getting your finger cut off. We are unsure if it was fractured. Thank goodness Blake was home when it happened! I don't handle these things too well. It's not really the blood, but the fact that my child has been harmed and the fear about how they are going to recover from their injury. I'm hopeful that his nail will grow back, but Blake said it's possible that it may not because of where his finger was slammed in the door. Time will only tell. Blake left for Denver the next morning for a Miller Review Course to cover material that may be on the board exam he takes in July. He's been gone all week. Tuesday and Wednesday were very stressful because Kayden's wound was so fresh and he kept taking off his bandages. Luckily I managed all week changing countless dressings. Just today (Sunday) I know I have changed it at least 4 or 5 times. He came out of his room this morning without his dressing on and his finger nail was gone. I'm thankful we were able to keep it on for as long as we did to help his nail heal. It's looking a lot better.
 |
| Kayden getting sweet snuggles from Dr. Dad. He cried and cried after he got hurt. |
 |
| Got his ball for comfort. |
No comments:
Post a Comment